No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm voting for the Dorkbuger. The only thing missing is the smell of the smoldering campfire from the night before...
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

As much as I loved Trevor's (It looks like an Album cover), I have to vote for Sandy. I think it fit the spirit of this week's picture the best.
      1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Voting for Sandy... his mountain pics are epic....
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

After peeking at all the pics, kerrfunk's peak piqued my interest the most this week.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Yes Sandy's mountain shots rock, he gets my vote.

V
            Gustov
            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
            81 GS 1000 G
            79 GS 850 G
            81 GS 850 L
            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
            80 GS 550 L
            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
            2002 Honda 919
            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Another great batch of pictures.
              Liked them all, but Burque, gustovh, Sandy, Jedz and kerrfunk are the ones that stand out to me.
              And out of all of those, I'll vote for kerrfunk.
              Looking away from the camera, really captured the "just stop and look with wonder" thing that happens sometimes on a bike.
              And it looks like film, (might not be, but I like it).
              Last edited by Baatfam; 01-25-2019, 11:09 AM.
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Trevors is a really good shot. I can actually HEAR his Wife saying "Are you crazy? Get down from there!), lol...

But... My vote must also go with Kerry this week. Just a beautiful shot...
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Well Sandy, I'm following your lead from the other week. Even though you were neck and neck for the win, you voted for Dave R, who ended up winning.

You've got the winning pic. I'm breaking the present tie and voting for you.
                  "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Well I still think this contest should be more about the creativity of the photo...not necessarily just the pic of the subject..otherwise it becomes a tag game... for that reason I’m going with dorkburger ..great shot Glenn.
                    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      Well I still think this contest should be more about the creativity of the photo...not necessarily just the pic of the subject..otherwise it becomes a tag game...
                      I agree to a point, but even the most creative photo still has to meet the theme, don't you agree? And also, IMO, "most creative" and "best photo" are two different things.

When I vote, and this is just me understand, I look for the best photo that meets the theme.
                      My photo fully meet the theme, but wasn't really a great photo. A few photos were very good, but didn't meet the theme.

Looking back through the last year, most of the winning photos did both.
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I'm going to have go with Dorkburger's shot. Love the composition, the back lighting and the sun rays.
                        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Kerry's (kerrfunk) pic of the mountain wearing a Halo gets my vote.
                          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I vote Kerrfunk
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Uh...tough call for me on this one. Sandy, Dorkburger, Kerrfunk and Jedz all scream out to me, but in the end I'm most swayed by the composition and presence of the Appalachian Mountain peak in Jedz' shot.
                              '83 GS650G
                              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                                .................................................. ...... the creativity of the photo...not necessarily just the pic of the subject....................
                                Agreed, in that:
                                - is not about the pic of the best peak
                                - is not about the pic of the biggest peak
                                - is not so much about the best pic that includes a peak, but the best pic that has a peak as a major element of the pic.

Agreed, in that, by creativity, I would say composition and pose of the picture so that the peak is one of the major elements of the picture, with a minimum of distractions from the major elements of the picture. THe creativity is in noticing the general scene, and then deciding how and where to pose things for a picture.

And, bye the way, Trevor, your picture this week exhibits a lot of creativity for noticing the scene of the road ahead and the rock cuts and rock formations and the valley, and noticing that would possibly have a great view from climbing up where you did. I can just image you guys stopped there, and you looking around and thinking to climb up there.
                                Last edited by Redman; 01-25-2019, 10:50 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X