Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voting Day!
    A few pics stood out for me. Sandys mountain scene has his signature "look" with colour and composition, always rich and pleasing to the eye. Dorkburgers stutter step image is creative and pops. A whisker ahead is kerrfunks versatile composition with its riot of colours and shapes.
    1979 GS1000
    1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

This is a tough one to call this week, but my vote is for Redman.

I like seeing the family theme and 3 sets of bikes, riders, and passengers.
      1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Lots of great pics...but easy for me to choose one that stood out....Rich on the three wheeler!! Love that pic!
        No signature

Comment

Lots of great "threes" this week. I agree with everything DaveR said about the Sandy, kerrfunk, and dorkburger pics. I also like Redman's 3 family shot a lot. But I like Glen's take on the theme, the set-up and composition, and I know that headlight isn't on but it does sort of glow. So dorkburger gets my vote.
          Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 03-01-2019, 11:33 AM.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Dorkburger has my vote.
            There is nothing more dangerous than governing in the name of a theory.---Edmund Burke

Comment

Redman for me. Really like the three sets of three, as mentioned, bikes, riders and passengers.
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I have to go with Dave (Redman) for managing to triple up on the three theme.
                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I'm on the Redman train as well, although I do get a kick out of that 3-wheeler!
                  "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Hey, my "short list" isn't so short. At seven, that is about 50%.

I like the way Keerfunks is framed (maybe because for decades I used a mid-tele lens almost exclusively).
                    Trevor's is an interesting subject scene for a GS fan. Roger Burque is interesting for the "huh, what is that?" factor. Both pics could have featured the main element more specifically.
                    Jedz is a wider view, but is interesting for the contrast of the bikes verses the big camping units.
                    Baatfam did feature the main elements, and is also interesting for the contrast but also similarity of the bikes and car.

For voting, I will go with Glen Dorkburger for noticing and arranging for the artistry. (I know, doesn't have "his bike" as the general procedure states, but the specifics for this week does allow "or bike parts".)

PS: And again, let me state my annoyance-displeasure with the situation involving Justin Jedz's departure.

Justin, I respect your decision .... but also would welcome your participation at some point, if you want, maybe reduced participation, maybe after a while.
                    Last edited by Redman; 03-01-2019, 06:44 PM. Reason: PS:

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I have to go with Redman's "It's a Family Affair" photo. That photo is definitely a keeper.

Also Jedz, I've always enjoyed our posts about your photos as well as your trips and adventures and feel you are a valuable asset to this site, you will be missed by quite a few. It's too bad that the negativity often found lately is responsible for the loss of another valuable member. Seems to be a race to the bottom lately. I know you have a busy, interesting and productive life and this crap is just getting in the way so all the best to you and please pop in once in while and let us know what's up.
                      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Voting for Kerrfunk. I liked it last time around, I'm voting for it this time
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I'll vote for Burque's only because I enjoyed looking at that guy every year when I lived there
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Rich82 on the Three Wheeler gets my vote! Crazy kid! 🌞
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Sandy and Trevor can tell you that I am a bit of a strange duck, so sometimes my taste goes to the eclectic. In that stead my vote this week goes to Burque73.

V
                              Gustov
                              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                              81 GS 1000 G
                              79 GS 850 G
                              81 GS 850 L
                              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                              80 GS 550 L
                              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                              2002 Honda 919
                              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Saturday, Well, 1am Pacific time, 4 am Eastern here.
                                Woke up and cant get back to sleep, so I will do the tally (count votes instead of sheep, har har)

Keerfunk 2, Me Redman 5, Rich 2, Dorkburger 3, Burque 2

Thanks guys.

Yes, that is a memorable picture for me, but I didn't think it was that good of a photograph, as far as photos go.
                                Kerry's is much more interesting, Rich's much more adventurous, Glen's much more artistic, and Roger's more unique, Jedz's tells more of a story, Sandy's much more of a pretty scene, Trevor's much more interesting relative to GSes, Bob's much more interesting with the compare-contrast grouping, Steve's more significant of a big trip-adventure.
                                I did have a few shots to choose from of different occasions of three bikes over the year (between my 650G, 850G, Shadow500, 1100GK, sons SV650, Tiger1050 at various times). Some of those pics had just the bikes, some had three people, or 4 people or 5 people. But I choose that shot cuz seemed the best lighting, less distracting background, bikes more evenly spaced-positioned, and was 3 couples.

Okay, am yawning now. (maybe you too after all that yacking).

I dont have any picture nor any subject-theme-category in mind at present. Have some things going on this morning, but will see what I can think up by early-mid afternoon. Will try to think of some theme or category. Thanks again.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X