Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough call....So many good photos.

But I love the way Cowboy told his story with only a shadow....and a vanishing road....He gets my vote.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Love Trevor's pic this week. He gets my vote. Also like marvinsc's a lot too, something about the color and tone really gives it a creepy mood (in a good way). I just needed to see something that's recognizable as part of a motorcycle, and no date stamp.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Trevor get's mine as well.

V
        Gustov
        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
        81 GS 1000 G
        79 GS 850 G
        81 GS 850 L
        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
        80 GS 550 L
        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
        2002 Honda 919
        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I really loved mine because of that view every day but something about Bccap's hit me especially with how the road just zoomed by. I'll vote for Bccap's
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I'll go with BCCAP as well. Great shot or great something. Curious though, both hands are on the bars, photo is centred and low (chest mount GoPro?) and the mirrors are turned out?

Edit: Just a guess but it's a frame from a tank mounted GoPro or equivalent and mirrors turns out to declutter the picture. Looks like a rolling shutter effect on the grass that sort of gives away.
            Last edited by Sandy; 03-15-2019, 08:03 PM.
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Saturday

Vote Tally

Burque 1, Rich 3, bccap 5, Cowboy 2, Trevor 2

Someone could verify, but I count Mr bccap as the winner to select the next topic-theme-category.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                ............. BCCAP ...................................... Curious though, both hands are on the bars, photo is centred and low (chest mount GoPro?) and the mirrors are turned out?

Edit: Just a guess but it's a frame from a tank mounted GoPro or equivalent and mirrors turns out to declutter the picture. ...................
                My guess is that the mirrors appear that way as a result of using a wide angle lens (in which case that is quite a curvy road).
                I was impressed with that photo for including both grips/hands (and both mirrors), which is a Bikers View but dont typically see in photographs.
                Last edited by Redman; 03-16-2019, 06:33 AM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  Saturday

Vote Tally

Burque 1, Rich 3, bccap 5, Cowboy 2, Trevor 2

Someone could verify, but I count Mr bccap as the winner to select the next topic-theme-category.
                  I concur....cap with 5

bccap, congratulations and what theme do you have for us this week...?
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    My guess is that the mirrors appear that way as a result of using a wide angle lens (in which case that is quite a curvy road).
                    I was impressed with that photo for including both grips/hands (and both mirrors), which is a Bikers View but dont typically see in photographs.
                    I thought that at first too but the grips and hands aren't that distorted. OK Garth what did you do?
                    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Congrats, Garth bccap! The world wants to know how you got that winning shot!
                      And what's next?

Here's where we have been in 2019:
                      # of winners
                      burque 9
                      week of # theme winner # of wins pics votes
                      1-Jan 1 What's the sun shining on redman 1 10 14
                      5-Jan 2 profile Dave R 1 17 18
                      12-Jan 3 my favorite picture burque 1 17 16
                      19-Jan 4 peak / peek / pique kerrfunk 1 11 15
                      26-Jan 5 silhouette sandy 1 12 13
                      2-Feb 6 vineyard trevor 1 8 10
                      9-Feb 7 tourist attraction marvinsc 1 12 11
                      16-Feb 8 where the hell am i baatfam 1 12 15
                      23-Feb 9 three redman 2 15 13
                      2-Mar 10 colorful background kerrfunk 2 14 12
                      9-Mar 11 Biker's POV bccap 1 13 13
                      "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I have a limited amount of photos to choose from so I'm going to get a bit creative. I like to see where people live. So this week's theme is " Where You Live " Lots of latitude here... Your favorite restaurant , a building you like to stop at and enjoy, Something you like doing where you live. The ball is in the photographers court. I like to go hang out at this beach in the summer and relax and enjoy the view..... And Redman you are right ..... No manipulation of the picture of the mirrors.. Just a wide angle lens......

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                          I'll go with BCCAP as well. Great shot or great something. Curious though, both hands are on the bars, photo is centred and low (chest mount GoPro?) and the mirrors are turned out?

Edit: Just a guess but it's a frame from a tank mounted GoPro or equivalent and mirrors turns out to declutter the picture. Looks like a rolling shutter effect on the grass that sort of gives away.
                          Yup.... Tank mounted GoPro..... But the mirrors aren't turned out. Just wide angle distortion........
                          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                            .......................................... I like to see where people live. So this week's theme is " Where You Live " Lots of latitude here... Your favorite restaurant , a building you like to stop at and enjoy, Something you like doing where you live. .......
                            Good. Expect to see lots of different scenes.

Could joke about "latitude" of various places folks live.

Comment

14231126_1167505689938974_1523714621955460147_o.jpgThis is a photo from the first month I owned it. Heading up Cadillac Mountain on Mount Desert Island, Maine. I've lived here for almost 10 years and two kids later lol.
                              Last edited by Guest; 03-17-2019, 07:58 AM.

Comment

This photo is taken 100 yards from my house,Plymouth UK.
                                WP_20150501_003.jpg
                                1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Working...
                                X