No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Dave, thanks for grouping the photos together like that.

I like these pics. Certainly some unique spots to find a bike, or several bikes... Voting for the bikes in the living room by Steve Murdoch this week.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Wow, its a tough call.... I know the bikes in the hotel aren't supposed to count but its a toss up between those and the bike in church.
      1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Not tough at all for me. Charlie's shot is darn near transcendent, and gets my vote.
        Loved Gustovh's gun shop pic as well. I was voting for that.... until I checked the site this morning.

Charlie, is this the interior of the former church you used a while back, the one whose lovely
        craftsmanship / woodwork was mentioned?
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

My four finalists are:

Burgue73 - Car Wash - Excellent picture, bike is nicely framed by the machine and rollers. And it is very clean, also
          steve mudock - Living room - Very nice picture, work in progress and all that. Nice sharp shot.
          Gustovh - Gun shop - Yes, that is unusual, LOL. Again, nice picture.
          Charlie G - In church - Very nicely done. Good composition and set up.

I was having a had time deciding, until I realized all the seats in Charlie G's church picture are facing the bike. HA!

My vote goes to Charlie G - Bike in church....
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I got to go with Charlie G. Motorcycle in the church? I'm not sure how he got away with that! 👍
            My Motorcycles:
            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)
            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

gotta go with gustovh. That's just bad-ass.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Going with Charlie.....the church would start on fire if I tried that.
                No signature

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                  I got to go with Charlie G. Motorcycle in the church? I'm not sure how he got away with that! 
                  I agree. Charlie's pic. And there HAS to be a good story that goes with it...........
                  Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Ya Charlie you pulled that one off.

V
                    Gustov
                    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                    81 GS 1000 G
                    79 GS 850 G
                    81 GS 850 L
                    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                    80 GS 550 L
                    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                    2002 Honda 919
                    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                      ............. ............. .......... Motorcycle in the church? I'm not sure how he got away with that! 
                      I recall Charlie saying something about what is probably that place a few months ago.

Yah, here we go:
                      This general discussion area is to be used as the <b>non-controversial topics</b>. This forum is open to all. Forum rules apply!

By what Charlie said there, it seems there are two answers to your question.
                      Last edited by Redman; 09-14-2018, 01:48 PM. Reason: two answers

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Well, I got three or 4 pics in mind, and need to find a tie-breaker.

If I was going for the best photo, for photography-composition sake and general appeal, I would choose mine.

Gustov's is unexpected and nice pose.
                        If I was going for most unique-unexpected I have a tie in my mind for Roger Burque and Charlie. Both good pics of quite "unexpected" places.

Man, when I was thinking of the subject-theme for the week I was thinking of something like "bike parked really strange weird places", like some of my pics that some could describe as "stupid, dangerous, ill-advised, hazardous".

But I though, naw, better tone it down so more folks will have some photos to enter. So described it as "unexpected places".

And then Roger post one that made me gasp and think "how did he ever get that idea, and then actually did it". And he somehow posed things for good lighting inside a car wash. So I will use that as the tie-breaker in my mind, and throw my vote to Roger Burque.

Last edited by Redman; 09-14-2018, 08:35 PM. Reason: add pic

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                          I'm going to let the picture say it all. Getting fitted.

Suppressed Ruger Mini 14 or 30? SWEET!
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

You get your bike in a church, (without going to jail) you get my vote...
                            '83 GS 1100T
                            The Jet

sigpic
                            '95 GSXR 750w
                            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

If I have a vote this time, CharlieG is my vote.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                                How about being on a stage?
                                Never thought I would be on a stage with my motorcycle...lol...this was May2017 at The Quail Motorcycle Gathering in Monterey Ca.
                                My bike won Cycle World Magazine's "Best of Tour"...
                                I can see the bike being deserving.

And they got you on stage .... and gave you the microphone !

Comment

Working...
                                X