• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandy for sure....
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Well I'm going to give the nod to Bob as well. While my shot is one of my favourites it's easy to take great shots in such a stunning part of the country. It looks like he really put some thought into the location and composition and came up with a fabulous shot. IMO it's almost calendar material. The only thing (only an opinion of course) the would make a bit better would be to use some depth of field, which you can't really do with a point and shoot, to blur the background a bit to make the bike more the focal point. I took the liberty with Photoshop, hope you don't mind. It's your shot so let me know if you want me to delete it.

photo by Baatfam
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
        Well I'm going to give the nod to Bob as well. While my shot is one of my favourites it's easy to take great shots in such a stunning part of the country. It looks like he really put some thought into the location and composition and came up with a fabulous shot. IMO it's almost calendar material. The only thing (only an opinion of course) the would make a bit better would be to use some depth of field, which you can't really do with a point and shoot, to blur the background a bit to make the bike more the focal point. I took the liberty with Photoshop, hope you don't mind. It's your shot so let me know if you want me to delete it.

photo by Baatfam
        No, don't delete it. I like it. If I had shot that with one of my current cameras, I probably would have shortened the DOF. But the point and shoot I used was pretty limited, as you said.
        These days I know how to do what you did, but just never thought of it, so thank you. I am just a hobbyist, who continues to learn.

Comment

DLSRs are a pain to lug around all the time. The camera in your pocket takes much better pictures than the one you leave at home doesn't it. LOL.
          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
            DLSRs are a pain to lug around all the time. The camera in your pocket takes much better pictures than the one you leave at home doesn't it. LOL.
            Yup....I don't mess with big, old DLSRs. These days, all my cameras are Panasonic Micro Four Thirds. I feel it is a really good compromise.

Comment

My vote is going with Baatfam. The scenery is nice, but that bright yellow bike REALLY sets it off.
              Current ride: 1982 GS850L

Comment

Plenty of interesting shots, but the two that held my interest were the same two that held everyone's interest.

Baatfam's picture along the river brought back some memories. I crossed that river a couple times a month during my high school years, but never got down that close, and never had a bike back then.

Sandy's picture was one that said "come visit me". If things go well, we WILL come visit that lake on our "little ride".

But that bright yellow was the icing on the cake, my vote goes to Baatfam.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Bob for the win
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Saturday. Tally.

My complements to Steve for selection of a topic-theme that got 11 good entries.

12 votes, all for two entries.

Sandy 4, Bob Baatfam 8

Bob, what other fine picture have you from the Baatfam archive....?
                    (..or... could be same picture, but other topic-subject-theme)

Last edited by Redman; 04-07-2018, 07:40 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thank you all for the compliments...

I will do my best to come up with something fun today...

Comment

Alright. Your bike on, or next to, a bridge.

This was from the Red River Rally in 2012.

Last edited by Baatfam; 04-07-2018, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Shard bridge, Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire uk

IMG_1715
                          Last edited by fastbysuzuki; 04-07-2018, 10:31 AM.
                          The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
                          1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                          past bikes. RF900
                          TL1000s
                          Hayabusa
                          gsx 750f x2
                          197cc Francis Barnett
                          various British nails

Comment

That is one clean looking bike, Fast!

Comment

I had two decent bridge shots that I couldn't decide on. The wife chose this one.
                              I love steel bridges.

http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Took this last fall while out on the DR....up Island on the start of logging roads.

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X