Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Redman's as well.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Oops forgot to contribute this week...
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Steve View Post
        Hopefully that "one and only picture" can actually be a SERIES of pictures that make up a video.

EDIT: video removed due to apparently inapropriate format. Entry is now in post #362
        Originally posted by Steve View Post
        I am going to hope that a video qualifies, as well.

EDIT: apparently a video does not qualify, so it has been removed and my entry has been moved to post #361.

A humble thank you to Mr and Mrs Steve for helping to keep this thread a little simpler by not using videos. This has bugged me all week actually, thinking I lack the tact to respectfully communicate so I just needed to mention it.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
          A humble thank you to Mr and Mrs Steve for helping to keep this thread a little simpler by not using videos. This has bugged me all week actually, thinking I lack the tact to respectfully communicate so I just needed to mention it.
          As a tech savvy millennial that loves videos, their is a degree of beauty that only a picture can capture. Vids force you into a perspective, pics allow you to perceive in you own way.

Also I think the Thread Title "Pic of the week game" says it all.

I'm totally fine with Pics only.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I really like Redman's swing bridge pic so that gets my vote.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Redman please
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Can I vote although I forgot to submit?

I like Steve's Pic of the New river Gorge Bridge... It's really captures how tall it is... I think it's the coolest bridge on here.

Dave's Pic is really cool too.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                  Of course, in fact I didn't submit a pic this week either.

I wanted to get out to an old steel bridge on route 66 West of town but had a rough week.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                    ... but had a rough week.
                    Tell me about it... I mean I did have 1 perk I bought a new bike (which I haven't actually seen yet in the flesh) however now I must wait for we are going to get smoked with yet another unseasonable weather pattern.
                    Work though... Has been horrid.
                    To pour some salt on the wounds Friday the 13th is in full force today. I'm still in my office crunching schedules that needed adjustment from requests from the hire ups...
                    Hope you have an awesome weekend!
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

I'm a sucker for old bridges. I've got some nice shots of some of the covered bridges in Oregon but that wasn't on a motorcycle trip. I'm voting for Dorkburger's old steel bridge.
                      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                        Yes, you can vote, and please do. Is not required to submit an entry to make a vote.

I, for one, do like to see various folks critiques of the photos.
                        But, If you do make comments about multiple entries, you will also need to specifically say "vote" or "select" something similar for one specific one.

Last edited by Redman; 04-13-2018, 03:29 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Good subject for lots of good photos.

I think mine says "BRIDGE" the most.
                          But also has some confusing elements.
                          Seems like attention is diverted, scattered around --- ah, tracks ending into nothing, yah, that looks like a bridge there, but is a bridge with nothing going to either side, huh? what? bridge? what? tracks to where? huh? what? tracks? bridge??
                          But then again, that IS what is interesting about the photo.

DB iron bridge is interesting that can see the bridge and its iron construction and see the road beyond.

Covered bridges are always good.

Steves and Sandys would be close for "biggest, most impressive bridge".
                          Mrs Steve would be tops for "most annoying bridge surface to ride across".

Trevor has interesting use of panographic to show stream on both sides and the bridge itself.

Charlie has an interesting perspective looking over side of bridge so can see the of the stream below, and can see the bridge and road behind in the mirror (photographers are weird, eh?) (I have lots of mirror shots too.)

Bob baatfam pic is a peacefull bridge scene that I keep comming back to. Just the way it is posed, and seeing the road go over the bridge, and the unique bridge wall. A nice crisp photo.
                          (I too would stop and take a picture if I saw my name on the pavement.)

So my selection this week is the Bob Baatfam pic.

Last edited by Redman; 04-14-2018, 06:56 AM. Reason: comment on Charlies.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I'll Stick with Steve's... IT is a cool looking bridge!!!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by redman View Post
                              (i too would stop and take a picture if i saw my name on the pavement.)
                              lol..........
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Saturday AM. Tally.

11 entries, near all time high.

9 votes.

1 for Bob baatfam. 1 for Steve. 2 for Dorkburger.
                                5 for my swingbridge.
                                Thanks, will select a photo-subject-theme and have it posted later this morning.
                                Last edited by Redman; 04-14-2018, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X