Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Glen.

I'm guessing rocks aren't high on other people's ooh gotta stop and take a photo list.

How do you guys feel about the time frame we use for setting the theme, voting and picking the new theme?

What I'm wondering is, for instance, if we bump the vote day back to Thursday, submit new theme on Friday, then folks have all weekend to get a new photo.

Any thoughts?
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
      How do you guys feel about the time frame we use for setting the theme, voting and picking the new theme?

What I'm wondering is, for instance, if we bump the vote day back to Thursday, submit new theme on Friday, then folks have all weekend to get a new photo.

Any thoughts?
      I sometimes wish we had all weekend to get a new photo, yes.
      Is there anybody it would be a hardship for if we voted on Thursday?
      "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Still, there are only a few players each week that go out for specific theme photos.
        Most everyone pulls something out of their files that they really like.

Let's see if we get any kind of a consensus before we change things up...

(I do think Friday is a better day for most to study photos...but everyday is a day off for me )

I don't have any rock photos in my files, (at least with a bike in it), and I can't ride this week, so........
        Time to get creative....
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

My entry for this weeks theme is NOT this picture! I like it but its a photoshop of Gus so it doesn't really count.

Therefore i am going to submit this photo i took on a ride out this afternoon.

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
            I sometimes wish we had all weekend to get a new photo, yes.
            Is there anybody it would be a hardship for if we voted on Thursday?
            I'm thinking whoever has the current theme set would be most affected. Sometimes new submissions come in at the last minute, but they're mostly in way before the deadline.

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
            Still, there are only a few players each week that go out for specific theme photos.
            Most everyone pulls something out of their files that they really like.

Let's see if we get any kind of a consensus before we change things up...

(I do think Friday is a better day for most to study photos...but everyday is a day off for me )

I don't have any rock photos in my files, (at least with a bike in it), and I can't ride this week, so........
            Time to get creative....
            Getting creative, that's what I like about you, Bob. Always thinking outside of the box.

Agreed, if we can get several players to chime in and give feedback, that would be helpful.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Day change is fine with me.

V
              Gustov
              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
              81 GS 1000 G
              79 GS 850 G
              81 GS 850 L
              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
              80 GS 550 L
              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
              2002 Honda 919
              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I’m good with the change.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

any vote day would be same to me.
                  change to thursday would be no different than friday to me.
                  would mean tally day & new theme day would be friday instead of saturday. no different to me, but for some winner who is working on friday, might make a difference to them. but, yah, if they were to name the new theme by friday night, then folks riding Saturday would have the new theme.

and will again say this is more of a photo game, not a riding-tag game. most of us are using pictures we already have.

i do have a "rock" picture in mind for this week. so, the fact i havent posted it yet is not an indication that is a bad theme (althouh pic is not from michigan). will need to find that pic. maybe wait a day or so to see if think of another or happen upon another while looking.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

This is my submission for the week. Short on time so this will have to do. This quarry is literally around the corner from where I shot the rainbow in last week's pic. This is Mennonite country, so lots of Horses & Buggies, hence the road apples in the foreground, one of which i proceeded to step in walking back to the bike.

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 07-15-2019, 08:32 PM.
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Either/Or I'm good with the day. Very busy this week, may not get a pic to enter.
                      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                        My entry for this weeks theme is NOT this picture! I like it but its a photoshop of Gus so it doesn't really count.

Therefore i am going to submit this photo i took on a ride out this afternoon.

It's like England's Pride Rock, for Suzuki's...
                        '83 GS650G
                        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                          It's like England's Pride Rock, for Suzuki's...
                          It's Pride month there?
                          sigpic
                          83 GS1100g
                          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I’m fine with either day. Generally I’ll scope over the entries as they come in and look at the final roundup on Friday. If something really stands out, I’ll vote early, if more thought is required I’ll vote later.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

File pic. Busy week in process - buught a (used) car tonight, picking it up tomorrow, more college tours later this week....
                              http://Suzuki by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I'll reuse this one.

Helen Hunt Falls by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Whatever voting day makes everyone happy then so be it.
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X