No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With nine of us chiming in on the date change question it sounds like it wouldn't make much difference, and nobody is really emphatic about it either way.

Thinking more about Kerry's question and creating a hardship on anyone If we did change, and thinking on what Redman said, the winner may have a harder time on a work day picking the new theme. It can already be a bit of a task to do so why make it harder. Maybe this is already an ideal setup. The winner has Saturday to mull over pics or ride to find something new. Other players have Sunday to ride and find something to fit if they choose to.

Sorry to rock the boat.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I work some weekends and have days off during the week so it really doesn't bother me what day we vote.
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
        With nine of us chiming in on the date change question it sounds like it wouldn't make much difference, and nobody is really emphatic about it either way.......Sorry to rock the boat.
        Fine either way with me but it would be nice to have Saturday to ride/shoot. I almost always go out and shoot the theme of the week. I don't have a long riding/shooting history to draw from but it sounds like I'm probably in the minority. It's worked well so far, but sometimes things need to be revised as time goes on. But at the same time, I don't think anyone's complained about the voting schedule, and I'm not complaining either. I'm really enjoying playing the game but more so the rapport, gentle constructive criticism, great images, stories, and friendliness that each of you guys bring to this thread week after week. So, I guess If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
        Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 07-16-2019, 09:53 AM.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

In Michigan kinda hard to find a rock bigger than 10-12 inches.
          Got some mountain pics from "out west", but those dont seem like "a rock" or "a rock formation", but this in Zion NatnlPark does

That all seems like a rock.

I liked the way it filled the view, right up against the road, and the color striations.
          Was multiple places similar to this, but I found this place where the sun was in right direction for the bike and for the rockface with no shadows of other formations.
          If you think the picture is not level; look at the trees. The road is on an incline.
          THis place THere was rocks placed along the side of the road, apparently so cars could not pull over there, but, hey, was room for a bike.
          Last edited by Redman; 07-17-2019, 07:20 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Outside Mexican Hat. Can you see why it's called Mexican Hat?

No signature

Comment

"...somehow interesting rock formation..."

Last edited by Baatfam; 07-18-2019, 07:13 AM.
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

This was inside a tight curve. No shoulder. No traffic. One truck went by and shouted at me not to park in the road. I wish I could've gotten the overhang.

Route 214 in Lincoln County, WV.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Somewhere on the north shore of Lake Superior.

1979 GS1000
                  1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Happy Friday Morning....Let us vote.
                    First this week's theme by Burgue73:
                    Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                    Weird, odd or somehow interesting rock formations.
                    Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                    Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                    Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                    Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                    Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    Originally posted by trevor View Post
                    Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                    Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                    Originally posted by DaveR View Post
                    A smaller than normal turnout, but a bunch of fine photos...
                    If I missed anyone, please let me know.
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I'll go for Baatfam's
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I vote for Mr. DaveR. just looks like a place I'd like to go.
                        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                        82 gs1100L probably the next project
                        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Lots of nice pics once again and it's hard to pick, but I keep going back to one. Voting for Redman Dave. The bike is positioned perfectly between the boulders, the contrast of colors between bike and rock is beautiful. Anyone else see how the lines of the rock mimic the lines of the bike, or vice versa?
                          Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 07-19-2019, 09:36 AM.
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I'm voting for Redman this week. Great pic!
                            1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

I like Redman's for that impressive rock feature and the layout of the photo, but I'm voting for Dave R because of how it makes me want to ride!
                              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Some great pics of fascinating rock formations from Burque, Dorkburger and Kerrfunk. Redmans ​pic of the massive slope with the colour and flowing striations does it best for me.
                                1979 GS1000
                                1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Working...
                                X