No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicely done, Red. Can't wait to see your next challenge. Here is the list of previous themes.

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

Date Theme By
    1/21/2018 Low Light Burque73
    1/27/2018 Interesting/peculiar roadside attraction dorkburger
    2/3/2018 On the border Burque73
    2/10/2018 Slightly less than perfect riding weather Mrs. Steve
    2/18/2018 Bikes of GSR Rallys Jedz123
    2/24/2018 Sports Burque73
    3/3/2018 Playing with sunlight trevor
    3/10/2018 Reflection Redman
    3/17/2018 Motorcycle packed down storm 64
    3/24/2018 Something twisty Sandy
    3/31/2018 Water Steve
    4/7/2018 On/next to a bridge Baatfam
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

A little late to place my vote.

Looks like such a landslide, it would not make a difference either way, so carry on, Dave, let's see what ya got.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Reviewing lots of my pictures, and a lot of mine will be strange things like "bike out in a field next to cows" or "bike on end of dock out of water up in parking lot for the winter" har har har

So, looking for something with a scene-subject that is a bit more common, that other folks might have pics to contribute.

Lonely Road. Doesn't have to be a dirt road, just some place that looks like not much activity, but yet a road.

This about 60 miles north of here, when got lost, somewhat on purpose.
        Rode around for half hour or so with no idea of where I was, before turning GPS back on in order to find my destination. (Flip City, a nation wide top ranked disc golf course).
        Maybe I should have abandoned my destination, and continued riding around aimlessly, was fun.
        Last edited by Redman; 04-14-2018, 11:48 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          Reviewing lots of my pictures, and a lot of mine will be strange things like "bike out in a field next to cows" or "bike on end of dock out of water up in parking lot for the winter" har har har

So, looking for something with a scene-subject that is a bit more common, that other folks might have pics to contribute.

Lonely Road. Doesn't have to be a dirt road, just some place that looks like not much activity, but yet a road.

This about 60 miles north of here, when got lost, somewhat on purpose.
          Great pic and idea!
          No signature

Comment

Love it. We have a lot of "lonely roads" here. Took this one on an early trip exploring my new location.
            Don't remember the exact road name, but it is only 20-30 miles from my driveway.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

This is tough because I can't decide on which one to use!!!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Alright I think I'm decided...
                Back road in Vermont somewhere in Lester and Whiting... Maybe Salisbury
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Oooohhh, another bike picture game. I like this stuff and hadn't seen the thread before. So here's my entry for the vStrom 650 a few years back. I went on so many lonesome roads that I realized no one would find me for awhile if I dumped it! Like Jedz said, it's tough to settle on one.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                    Oooohhh, another bike picture game. I like this stuff and hadn't seen the thread before. So here's my entry for the vStrom 650 a few years back. I went on so many lonesome roads that I realized no one would find me for awhile if I dumped it! Like Jedz said, it's tough to settle on one.

[IMG][/IMG]
                    And another contender enters the arena!!!!!
                    HAHAHA, great more competition
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Here's my effort for this week taken on "Hardknott Pass" Cumbria uk

The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
                      1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                      past bikes. RF900
                      TL1000s
                      Hayabusa
                      gsx 750f x2
                      197cc Francis Barnett
                      various British nails

Comment

Ok...here is mine...please let me know if this qualifies as there is another bike with mine....

This was in Washington State a few years back...near Yakima...we hardly saw anyone that day...we were on a "bachelor" ride as to celebrate Rob (AZR) upcoming nuptials ...(except a Sheriff but that's another story...lol) the roads were fantastic!

Last edited by trevor; 04-14-2018, 02:01 PM.
                        No signature

Comment

Man, entries already, in just a couple hours.
                          And good ones they are.

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          ... .... .... ... ...please let me know if this qualifies as there is another bike with mine....
                          "Another bike with mine"... yah, that still qualifies as "your bike" as far as the overall rules of the game goes. And even if it did not, there really isnt any procedure/mechanism for rejecting-dismissing-disqualifying a photo from submission.

As far as qualifying for subject-theme this week of "lonely road", yah, the picture shows a road. Now, whatever makes the road a "lonely road", and how well that is captured in the photo, that, that is the subjective portion of all this.
                          The determination of how much it is a "lonely road", and the determination of how much of an interesting picture are the same determinations each voter will make of all the pictures, based on whatever criteria the individual voter uses.

Last edited by Redman; 04-14-2018, 03:27 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Cool theme. I have some in the digital camera I’ll have to get out.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

http://IMG_2566 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Here's one from a few years ago; I have a few others if someone doesn't like this

Memorial Day Ride by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X