Clear All

my submittal for this week's "flag" theme

Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Air quality around here is really bad, we were finally able to see the sun sorta at 7 pm. anyhoo found this pole on my last ride.

V
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Friday.

To compile the entryies (and not the various other discussion)

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        How about your bike with a flag. Bonus points for a flag pole.
        Country of origin, your alma mater, favourite sports team maybe even a military flag.
        This posted by bccap is actaully a sumission from TREVOR
        Originally posted by bccap View Post
        Trevor .asked me to post his flag picture. .
        Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
        Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
        flag and bike 003 by gillinghams2007, on Flickr

.....?
        (Appears that Charlie took down his picure of the bike modle and small flag on workbench with spider webs/

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        OK...
        Last edited by Redman; 08-24-2018, 09:00 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

more .........
          Originally posted by Steve View Post

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
          Originally posted by Redman View Post

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
          Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          Originally posted by gustovh View Post

V
          Last edited by Redman; 08-24-2018, 09:04 AM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Voting for Norm this week.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Didn't realise this picture vanished!
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

My vote is for Redman. I REALLY like coffee
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Charlie G for me.

V
                  Gustov
                  80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                  81 GS 1000 G
                  79 GS 850 G
                  81 GS 850 L
                  83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                  80 GS 550 L
                  86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                  2002 Honda 919
                  2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I have to go with Charlie G.

That's just a really cool picture...
                    '83 GS 1100T
                    The Jet

sigpic
                    '95 GSXR 750w
                    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

The multiple Red, White and Blue from Storm is my choice this week.
                      The bonus points accrued from all those flagpoles could be a tie-breaker. haha.
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                        Didn't realise this picture vanished!
                        Perhaps you replaced it with Bobs enhanced version, and in doing so the original one didn't exist an longer..... just a guess.

Comment

I'm going to vote for Charlie. There's a lot going on in that picture. From the glass objects, the motorcycle, the rifle bullet and the water pipe (bong) looking thing behind the bullet. All held together with cobwebs. I like it!👍
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I liked Steve Murdoch picture in that the main elements of the picture were the bike and flag. THe garage was interesting in that most covered with the ivy(?), and the contents of the garage were minimized by the lack of lighting so were not too much of a distraction (but I did notice the tripple exhaust pipes there). So the two main element were the bike and the flag, with little else of distraction, nicely composed.

Steve Steve pic is nice in that the line of flags fill the background and the view is straight perpendicular to the line of flags so they all appear equally space and same size. And bike posed right in the middle.

Dorkburger pic is a nice low light scene. Can see that thought of a good view/scene for a pic and then went to effort to get bike posed in good position for that scene. And took some photo skil to get a good exposure at low light.

Bob Baatfam, alsways has a good pose. Sharp fine detail, and good exposure & focus foreground and background.
                            I could say (joke) "must have a good camera", but I know is good photographic skill.

I liked Charlies photo as an intereseting photo of the spider web covered stuff and window.

RichGS750TZ shot is nice that the flag show nice in the way the bike is posed bike so that it covers the foreground and flag is flying staight perpendicular to the view. Includes just enough of the bike that we recognise it, yet fills the foreground. Nice composition (for us here... show it to general public and they would think "photographers are weird").

My pic is intersting in that the flags take up most of the entire fram but get the bike in there. But they really are not flags.

I'll vote for Norm Storm64, mostly because are so many flags.. all the way as far as can see.
                            Would be nicer if was framed a bit different so included more of the flags in upper portion of the frame, rather then the lower 1/4th of the frame being the driveway, but the number of flags and bright colors override that. Norm is coming up with some good shots in recent months.
                            Last edited by Redman; 08-24-2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              I liked Steve Murdoch picture in that the main elements of the picture were the bike and flag. THe garage was interesting in that most covered with the ivy(?), and the contents of the garage were minimized by the lack of lighting so were not too much of a distraction (but I did notice the tripple exhaust pipes there). So the two main element were the bike and the flag, with little else of distraction, nicely composed.

Steve Steve pic is nice in that the line of flags fill the background and the view is straight perpendicular to the line of flags so they all appear equally space and same size. And bike posed right in the middle.

Dorkburger pic is a nice low light scene. Can see that thought of a good view/scene for a pic and then went to effort to get bike posed in good position for that scene. And took some photo skil to get a good exposure at low light.
                              Dave, I always like your analysis of the photos. I agree with all of the above.

Bob Baatfam, alsways has a good pose. Sharp fine detail, and good exposure & focus foreground and background.
                              I could say (joke) "must have a good camera", but I know is good photographic skill.
                              Thanks...It was an old .jpg from many years ago for the riding game.

I liked Charlies photo as an intereseting photo of the spider web covered stuff and window.

RichGS750TZ shot is nice that the flag show nice in the way the bike is posed bike so that it covers the foreground and flag is flying staight perpendicular to the view. Includes just enough of the bike that we recognise it, yet fills the foreground. Nice composition (for us here... show it to general public and they would think "photographers are weird").

My pic is intersting in that the flags take up most of the entire fram but get the bike in there. But they really are not flags.
                              Again, I agree....

Voting for Charlie G this week. I really like the photo to begin with, and I enjoyed messing around trying to make it a little more detailed, (whether it work or not). I had a very similar work bench in our Carol Stream, IL home. Lots of memories and spider webs....
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Norm for me this week.
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X