No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note: I have PMed Mr Nuggatsdad to inform him of his win, and prompt him for naming the next category-theme.

>> Later Note: and now, about 8 hours later, I have emailed also.
    Last edited by Redman; 12-21-2019, 09:29 PM. Reason: Later Note

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
      And I just wanted to say sorry to Trevor and Mrs. Steve.
      Neither of you got a fair shot this week.

(Grrrgrumble...Photo*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$et..got us again...ffs)
      Agreed. That was unfortunate. I did like both of those pics while they were visible.

The winning pic reminded me of an infinity mirror type image. I hope Nuggetsdad is just enjoying an afternoon ride, maybe looking for a new theme. It's after 4pm there now, but already Sunday. If we dont get a new theme tomorrow, Sunday in the western hemisphere, I say the runner up should choose a new theme.

I can't remember the last time we had a no show winner. Jedz was off gettin hitched and had a slow response, but still within the weekend I think. Maybe another time the winner was away from a computer, but still checked in and the runner up set the theme.

Any Aussies nearby who can knock on his door?

I'll try and highlight the bullet point in the first post that says if you submitted a pic to check back on Saturday.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
        Agreed. That was unfortunate. I did like both of those pics while they were visible.

The winning pic reminded me of an infinity mirror type image. I hope Nuggetsdad is just enjoying an afternoon ride, maybe looking for a new theme. It's after 4pm there now, but already Sunday. If we dont get a new theme tomorrow, Sunday in the western hemisphere, I say the runner up should choose a new theme.

I can't remember the last time we had a no show winner. Jedz was off gettin hitched and had a slow response, but still within the weekend I think. Maybe another time the winner was away from a computer, but still checked in and the runner up set the theme.

Any Aussies nearby who can knock on his door?

I'll try and highlight the bullet point in the first post that says if you submitted a pic to check back on Saturday.
        I say if the winner does not provide another "pic of the week" by Saturday night we just go to the second place winner. Btw it's tough crowd when apic of super bike legend Wes Cooley signing a tank in a "best tank pic" doesn't even get a sniff on a GS forum no less......lol...you guys do know who he is...right?? Not one vote....lol But yes a bunch of Kat tanks are nice...I guess.
        No signature

Comment

Agreed. Rich should post up a new theme this AM, if we don't hear from ND....

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          Btw it's tough crowd when apic of super bike legend Wes Cooley signing a tank in a "best tank pic" doesn't even get a sniff on a GS forum no less......lol...you guys do know who he is...right?? Not one vote....lol But yes a bunch of Kat tanks are nice...I guess.
          Nah...

It's a photo contest, not a celebrity contest....LOL...

Light, subject, composition...
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I’ll have to wait till I get back from church then choir practice, might be around 1pm Eastern, if nuggetsdad doesn’t show up til then.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

It's a photo contest, not a celebrity contest....LOL...

Light, subject, composition...
              The art of diplomacy is a wonderful thing.
              1979 GS1000
              1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR View Post
                The art of diplomacy is a wonderful thing.
                I think Dave had a much better answer in post #4558:
                Originally posted by Redman View Post
                My observation is that THe rules-procedure do not specifically define the voting criteria. The rules-procedure just says something like "vote for favorite" or something like that.

Judging by the comments folks make when they make their vote:
                I think some folks vote for which they think best meet the theme.
                Some vote if there is something in the picture that they like (such as 'spoked wheels').
                Some vote because something in the picture reminds them of something in their past.
                SOme vote because they liked the accompanying story (even if there is no evidence of that in the picture).
                SOme vote for what they consider to be the best composed-arranged-exposed-focused picture on an artistic basis, as long as it at least marginally meets the theme.
                Other folks (including me) use a combination of how well it meets the theme and how interesting the photo is and how well composed-arranged-exposed-focused the picture is. In my experience there is usually two or three sometimes four that are great AND really meet the category. What I do, for a tie-breaker, is to think of how I would describe the photo, and how early in that description would I use the words that are the theme.
                But again, the rules-procedure does not really specify this point.
                And, Hey, this is a motorcycle forum...................
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

OK, hopefully we haven't seen the last of nuggetsdad and he's just off enjoying the warm riding weather on the bottom half of the planet.

Theme for this week is "moon shot", and I'm looking forward to some creative interpretations, keep it classy folks, or at least safe for work.

Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

It will be interesting to see what people come up with. Unfortunately, my archives are bare for this one and the moon isn't exactly going to be very visible this week so I'm watching from the sidelines. And just when the weather finally warms up enough that I'll be able to get out even on Christmas Day
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Thanks for getting this going again, Rich. I was excited for nuggetsdad to have a go at setting the theme. Maybe he'll have an awesome shot of the moon and jump back in here.
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Sorry if the theme doesn’t suit many. It’s hard to come up with original ideas that we haven’t covered in the last 2 years of the game, and for which I have a pic to play in my limited archives.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Your theme is a great one just sadly I don't have anything that will work with it.
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                            Your theme is a great one just sadly I don't have anything that will work with it.
                            use your imagination, I’m going to have to.

V
                            Gustov
                            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                            81 GS 1000 G
                            79 GS 850 G
                            81 GS 850 L
                            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                            80 GS 550 L
                            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                            2002 Honda 919
                            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I've got a few shots to choose from. Now to pick one.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Working...
                                X