Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
    Not that it matters but I count 3 votes for dorkburger by Oramac, kerrfunk, and trevor (he voted for Glenn[sic]). Just a reminder that when we vote, we need to vote with the username of the entrant, even if we happen to know the entrants first name. I'm not picking on Trevor, as I've probably done the same thing.
    Yep..my bad.
    No signature

Comment

Ya know? I seldom check in here before going for a ride. Commonly when I do, the winner is late with a theme, LOL.. Story of my life... Hope everyone is safe and healthy!
      '83 GS 1100T
      The Jet

sigpic
      '95 GSXR 750w
      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I just sent oramac a pm. Folks are waiting for a theme.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          I just sent oramac a pm. Folks are waiting for a theme.
          Dropped him a PM through Facebook messenger, also.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Sorry guys. I'm honored! All of y'all professional photographers and whatnot, I didn't think my entry would hold up...it was just a fun shot that applied. Anyway, I climbed the hill to the tracks and walked out to get that shot. So, what to do next? How about (and, I anticipate that we all have numerous shots from which we can choose, so choose wisely) "In Action". I'll admit that I jumped in to this thread WAAAAAY late, and I haven't perused all 137 pages, but what I have seen is mostly bikes with lovely backdrop...sitting still. We don't buy these things and maintain them to sit still, so let's see some bikes doing things. These are a couple of my favorites.

This is me chasing Groove Daddy in MO on 34. Fantastic Road!

Carving34.jpg
            Last edited by oramac; 04-19-2020, 12:02 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

And, as another example, this is from last year's BCR, and Neil is showing us that the water's not that deep. Yeah, we didn't cross.
              Neilsplash.jpg
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Rodney oramac!
                This week's theme: "in action"
                Which would you like to be your official submission? Your high-speed curve, or the water shot?
                "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Hey Oramac. Congrats on the win! Don't be too concerned about "professional " quality photos. As far as I know we're all amateur photographers. Some shoot pro quality stuff but most I think, myself included, primarily use pics from a smartphone. That being said good quality photos are definitely a plus though.

You're theme sounds great! Our entry's have included our bikes though. In other words, your example pic could be used as Groovedaddy's entry because that's his bike. Make sense?

Do you have a pic of YOUR BIKE in action?
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

"In Action"
                    I was riding with my buddies one day, and we decided to take pictures of each of us riding.
                    This is a picture of my friend Barry that I took. What's he riding ?

(Click here for me on the same spot on the same day)

Comment

How 'bout this one. Same style shot, but on 150 in Indiana, and it's me in the frame. It was a ride through Dover Hill on my old SV1000S, and you can get some wicked lean angle at *lower* speeds on the tight 90 degree bends.

DoverHill.jpg
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                        Quite a variety of pix, photos, and snapshots!

My vote is for dorkburger for the setup and the b/w. Nice scene, and it inspires an "above" feel.

FWIW, I look at the rules to provide a couple things:
                        IMO It should be a picture I took, OR a picture of me (or someone) on my* bike, but not like a paid professional picture**
                        *a bike I owned or was in control of
                        **exception: one of those roadside Tail-of-the-Dragon action shots
                        The bike*** should be part of the picture. Someone looking at the picture should be able pretty quickly to say "Oh yeah, that's a motorcycle picture"
                        ***exception: closeups, details, parts...

And bottom line, if I decide that a picture doesn't really meet the theme, even if it's a great photo, I'll probably not vote for it.
                        Other bottom line: this is for fun. It's like Whose Line is it anyway, where everything's made up and the points don't count.

Anyway, Click here to see an outtake from my photoshoot
                        I like your perspective Kerry. I would humbly disagree on one thing. A pic that was taken that neither has the member posting the pic nor a bike that they own or are in control of doesn't keep with the spirit of this game. At the end of the day it's the spirit of the "rule" not the letter of it that makes this game more enjoyable.

I agree its all in fun though and if someone doesn't like a photo they can simply choose to not vote for it.

In regards to Rodney's theme setting photo, I was under the impression he took the pic of another bike. Maybe that's him in the pic chasing groovedaddy, I don't know.
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by oramac View Post
                          How 'bout this one. Same style shot, but on 150 in Indiana, and it's me in the frame. It was a ride through Dover Hill on my old SV1000S, and you can get some wicked lean angle at *lower* speeds on the tight 90 degree bends.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60769[/ATTACH]
                          nice!......
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                            In regards to Rodney's theme setting photo, I was under the impression he took the pic of another bike. Maybe that's him in the pic chasing groovedaddy, I don't know.
                            Yeah, it's my perspective, and if ya wanna get really nitpicky, my gauges are reflected in the windscreen, so my bike, at least partially, is in that first shot. Doesn't really matter, though. It was posted more as an example than the submission.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                              ...A pic that was taken that neither has the member posting the pic nor a bike that they own or are in control of doesn't keep with the spirit of this game...
                              The picture I posted in post #5470, for example... A picture I took of my riding buddy Barry on his 2006 Goldwing, on a day we were riding together. I think it fits the spirit of this game. But. The main point is to have fun, and that's what we're doing.

Check out post 721:
                              Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                              Oh I have a contribution for this theme!
                              This is one of my favorite pictures.

I was staying at my aunt and uncle's place in Alexandria one year while I ran a half marathon.
                              A friend of mine bought a Goldwing, but he was a little nervous about relearning to ride on such a big bike, so he borrowed my 550 for a few weeks, and I rode his Goldwing.

Here's my aunt taking a spin around the block. I love the look of terror on her face, and the blur of the picture plus the clear focus of my face.

Last edited by kerrfunk; 04-19-2020, 03:22 PM.

Comment

dragon20132 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Second Dragon trip
                                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
                                X