Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday, May 4, 2018
    2:38 PM

Thanks for the Kudos. This weeks subject is going to be a little different. Rather than a specific subject it's going to be some sort of special effect. It can be something like special lighting as a sunset, silhueotte, backlight, different camera angle, etc. Jedz photo of last week would be good example or some of the sunset shots from weeks past. Photos can be reused. I'm off to visit the grand daughters for the weekend so if this subject is a little weird I can come with something else on Monday.

by soates50, on Flickr
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

This is going to be fun. Great idea Sandy.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

By "special effect", in your example anyway, you mean "photoshop type manipulation"/ "post shooting editing" ?

In your example, I dont think anybody else is going to have any thing like that. Looks like some quite advance features/function/techniques. I dont even really know how something like that would be done. I can only half guess: Multiple image files/shots (with and without tank-seat-sidepanel). Then use, I dont know, Layers(?) and Masks(?) , er, um, ah, Blending(?).
        All I know is Paint.Net and use only cropping and occasionally some rudimentary "Clone Stamp".
        Last edited by Redman; 05-05-2018, 03:59 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I thought this might fit in here. Sometimes a malfunction produces a cool effect accidentally.

Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            By "special effect", in your example anyway, you mean "photoshop type manipulation"/ "post shooting editing" ?

In your example, I dont think anybody else is going to have any thing like that. Looks like some quite advance features/function/techniques. I dont even really know how something like that would be done. I can only half guess: Multiple image files/shots (with and without tank-seat-sidepanel). Then use, I dont know, Layers(?) and Masks(?) , er, um, ah, Blending(?).
            All I know is Paint.Net and use only cropping and occasionally some rudimentary "Clone Stamp".
            Not necessarily post editing. Different angles, lighting, sunsets, silhouettes, ultra wide or telephoto, etc. Lots of stuff you can do with a regular camera.
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Not sure if mine falls into any of those categories but that's what I'm going with.

I had tried to take a panoramic shot standing on a ledge and the camera was still working when I jumped down, resulting in an odd shadow and horizon on the road under the camera/ phone.
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                Not necessarily post editing. Different angles, lighting, sunsets, silhouettes, ultra wide or telephoto, etc. Lots of stuff you can do with a regular camera.
                Unless you only have an iPhone and don't use a regular camera. I'm out of the running for this week but I am very much looking forward to what people come up with.
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I'm not part of the game but Trevor is. And seeing as he's out of town I thought I'd borrow his 750 and take it for a joy ride to Paris and park it in front of the Louvre......

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Lighting..... I passed this spot when picking up my son from a friend's house and thought it would make for a cool pic. My mind must have saw something better then what was actually there - when I rode over I was disappointed, but grabbed a few pics anyway.
                    http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Great job Garth!!
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                        I'm not part of the game but Trevor is. And seeing as he's out of town I thought I'd borrow his 750 and take it for a joy ride to Paris and park it in front of the Louvre......

Holy crap Garth...that’s awesome!!! 🙂
                        No signature

Comment

OK....I think this fits the theme....

Last edited by Baatfam; 05-10-2018, 10:57 AM.
                          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Not sure if this qualifies.

The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
                            1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                            past bikes. RF900
                            TL1000s
                            Hayabusa
                            gsx 750f x2
                            197cc Francis Barnett
                            various British nails

Comment

Special effects?....hmmm, this could get interesting.
                              I knew my old GS850G was a heavy bike but....

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by fastbysuzuki View Post
                                Not sure if this qualifies.

That would make a cool print to hang in your garage! BTW, I was not too far from you last summer down in Conwy, Wales.
                                Last edited by Guest; 05-06-2018, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X