Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
    We await another vote, to break a three way tie....

So if you haven't voted, the polls are still open...
    As of this moment:
    Redman - 2
    Rob S - 2
    Dorkburger - 2
    Trevor - 1
    Gustovh - 1
    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I'll vote for Rob please
      No signature

Comment

And it's Rob S for the win, with the sacrificial vote from Trevor (probably so Trevor wouldn't have to come up with a theme, amiright?)

So Rob, what direction shall we go for the week of March 27 to April 2?

Comment

OK...Been a tough game this past couple weeks, with the Admin messing with us, but here we go...(j/k Frank, we love you)

First, Congratulations Rob S. for winning this week, second contest in a row! Outstanding!

So, Rob S. we need a theme, as we are ready to play. (Sample picture is optional, FYI)

Second, thanks KF for posting the results when I had to go AWOL today...It is really appreciated.

Third, thanks to trevor for making the deciding vote...never easy.

Finally, thanks for everyone being patient during the forum transition...
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
            OK...Been a tough game this past couple weeks, with the Admin messing with us, but here we go...(j/k Frank, we love you)

First, Congratulations Rob S. for winning this week, second contest in a row! Outstanding!

So, Rob S. we need a theme, as we are ready to play. (Sample picture is optional, FYI)

Third, thanks to trevor for making the deciding vote...never easy.
            Oh, mercy. I hadn't prepared anything. It's an honor just to be nominated.

To clarify, everyone can vote, not just submitters? And must the theme be 'scooter' related?
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post

Oh, mercy. I hadn't prepared anything. It's an honor just to be nominated.

To clarify, everyone can vote, not just submitters? And must the theme be 'scooter' related?
              Anyone can vote, and the theme can be anything you want. It's up to us, to make it "scooter" related.

Whatcha got?

Comment

A rule refresher from post #1

Rules:
                1. Today is Saturday, I'll start with a theme.
                2. Saturday to Thursday is submissions time. Everyone else can post one (and only one) picture that meets the theme.
                3. Friday is voting day. Vote for the picture you like the most. You can vote even if you didn't participate with a pic during the week. (voting closes at midnight, Pacific time zone).
                4. In case of a tie during the voting day, the first vote that breaks the tie the day after will decide the winner, unless of course one party wishes to concede to the other.
                5. Saturday, the winner of the week posts a new theme using an example picture.
                6. The example picture ALSO participates.
                7. Any bike can participate... not only GS's (as long as it was yours when the pic was taken)
                8. The date of the picture does not matter, or who took the pic. You can use new or old pics as long as you've got the bike in the pic (or as much of the bike as necessary for the theme) and they meet the week's theme.

Summarizing:
                • Saturday to Thursday: Pics that meet the week's theme are submitted.
                • Friday: Vote for your favorite pic of the week.
                • If you submit a pic for the week keep an eye on the votes you get, or at least check the thread on Saturday to see if you've won.
                • Saturday: The winner posts a new theme using an example photo.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Well, obviously, I've got a pic or two in mind for the theme "Furry friend: pay attention to ME!"

Can I have a day or three to figure out how to post my pic? All I have is my phone, and my motor skills are not exactly 'fine.' Gross...
                  Last edited by Rob S.; 03-27-2022, 01:52 PM.
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

We'll, obviously, I've got a pic or two in mind for the theme "Furry friend: pay attention to ME!"

Can I have a day or three to figure out how to post my pic? All I have is my phone, and my motor skills are not exactly 'fine.' Gross...
                    As far as I know, you don't have to submit a sample photo at all, just the theme. So yes, theme today, photo later would be fine.

Comment

So do we have a theme? Rob, don't make me regret giving you the tie breaker vote.
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        So do we have a theme? Rob, don't make me regret giving you the tie breaker vote.
                        Like I did two weeks ago....
                        My Motorcycles:
                        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                        79 1000e (all original)
                        82 850g (all original)
                        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

the theme "Furry friend: pay attention to ME!"
                          I wish Rocco could ride with me.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                            I wish Rocco could ride with me.

But he seems to want the front seat. Twist grip! Opposable thumbs!

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                              Oh, I've got a doozy. Two, actually. Cat, reaching from behind, trying to turn my face 180 degrees back to look at her. One has even got some blur to show the movement of her paw.

But first, I'd like to thank the Academy, the Executive Producers, my agent...

Comment

Anybody see a pic? I got that small amount of code by going to share in flickr, than clicking "copy link," than pasting in GSR.

When I click on the curved arrow (share) in flickr, it no longer takes me to a screen with the pic and 3 choices (bb code, embed, etc.). It takes me to text menu, and the best guess to me is "copy link."

And I know as soon as I click "paste" in GSR and only see a few 'word's of code that I failed, I don't even need to verify in 'preview.' Conversely, if I see 4 or 5 lines when I paste in GSR, I know I've succeeded.

Comment

Working...
                                X