Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=650Skull;n1690169]

Originally posted by 650Skull View Post
    My first EVER Suzuki motorcycle...........bought 15 month ago.

This new site structure is backwards and very frustrating. Tried to add 2 Quotes.............
    I haven't figured out the multi-quote thing yet, either. Let me know if you do.

As for Dave's comment, I agree, none of the photos said, "My first" visually. My theme was difficult for that kind of photographic clarity, and since we strip out all the extra words in summation, I guess it can matter. Personally, I almost never add an explanation with my photos, as I shouldn't need to, but I sure did this time.

Remember, it's just a goofy, fun photo contest, and there are no rules for how we vote. All of us have different different reasons for how we vote.

Still, we good some good stories with the photos. I do enjoy those.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

Agreed, they could. I thought waiting would give everyone some time to work out the kinks of the new forum, hope for some bug fixes, and maybe figure out the multi-quote option. But, if they can't wait until Saturday, we will figure it out.

And I sure would like to get the "official" theme from Rob, (Rob S. are you out there? We got the photo, just need your words.)

Either way, we will vote on Friday the 25th of March....
      [QUOTE=650Skull;n1690169]

My first EVER Suzuki motorcycle...........bought 15 month ago.

This new site structure is backwards and very frustrating. Tried to add 2 Quotes.............
      [QUOTE=Baatfam;n1690171]

I haven't figured out the multi-quote thing yet, either. Let me know if you do.

As for Dave's comment, I agree, none of the photos said, "My first" visually. My theme was difficult for that kind of photographic clarity, and since we strip out all the extra words in summation, I guess it can matter. Personally, I almost never add an explanation with my photos, as I shouldn't need to, but I sure did this time.

Remember, it's just a goofy, fun photo contest, and there are no rules for how we vote. All of us have different different reasons for how we vote.

Still, we good some good stories with the photos. I do enjoy those.
      Testing...I had to click all three then in the top left of my screen is a Post Reply (3) button that I clicked on to get all of these here

Screenshot 2022-03-17 233538 by Scott Baker, on Flickr
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

You have the pic of my crumpled Sportster, I think the caption was "Will this buff out?"

I'll try to check in now and then, specially for Sportsball season. Besides, I see I printed "goodbuy" instead of goodbye, so I must have been commenting on what a bargain this site is. See you around.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post

Testing...I had to click all three then in the top left of my screen is a Post Reply (3) button that I clicked on to get all of these here
          Excellent, Scott! It works! Thank you....

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
          You have the pic of my crumpled Sportster, I think the caption was "Will this buff out?"

I'll try to check in now and then, specially for Sportsball season. Besides, I see I printed "goodbuy" instead of goodbye, so I must have been commenting on what a bargain this site is. See you around.
          You just stay in your seat young man. We are just getting to like you, and don't want to miss you.

Comment

Wow, the multi-quote is actually easier than before. that's nice. I wonder if there's still a 10 pic limit per post. Be nice if we can get all of the roundup pics in one post.

And Rob, ditto what Bob said. Stick around, you're like our favorite uncle.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I hoped on this AM because it's Friday so here to look at pics and vote. I'm so lost at this moment in time are we still voting this week? The new Forum setup is nice. Change is good, figuring it out.
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                I hoped on this AM because it's Friday so here to look at pics and vote. I'm so lost at this moment in time are we still voting this week? The new Forum setup is nice. Change is good, figuring it out.
                Rob S. won, a week ago. However the forum shut down lost some posts, and created some bugs, so we paused the game for the week.
                We'll be reposting the tally, and the theme. Hopefully everyone has photo posting worked out.

EDIT: I can't see any reason I not to restart the game today....Working on it.
                Last edited by Baatfam; 03-18-2022, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Jedz, wer're keeping the same theme "Will this buff out?" for an additional week. Add a pic anytime up through Thursday, March 24. Voting on March 25.
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                  Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Let the game begin....(Yes a day early, or six days late, depending)

Tally from last week:
                    Two votes each, dorkburger and Redman
                    Four votes, dpep
                    And five votes, Rob S.

Here is the theme of the week from Rob:

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                    "Will this buff out?"
                    image(2) by Bob Wayne, on Flickr
                    Everyone has until Thursday night, as usual, to post up photos.

Good luck, have fun, and sorry about the confusion this week.

Comment

I'm out this week. I just don't like the topic. I don't want to see folks crashed motorcycles... There's to much doom and gloom out there, why add to it?
                      My Motorcycles:
                      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)
                      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Let the game begin....(Yes a day early, or six days late, depending)

Tally from last week:
                        Two votes each, dorkburger and Redman
                        Four votes, dpep
                        And five votes, Rob S.

Here is the theme of the week from Rob:

Everyone has until Thursday night, as usual, to post up photos.

Good luck, have fun, and sorry about the confusion this week.
                        Do I have to repost my photo?
                        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

Do I have to repost my photo?
                          No, I know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                            I'm out this week. I just don't like the topic. I don't want to see folks crashed motorcycles... There's to much doom and gloom out there, why add to it?
                            Doesn't have to be a bike crash, Norm. That's just Rob's interpretation.
                            I am hoping to see other takes. Think PO paint jobs, oil stains on the hardwood floor from indoor storage, etc.

Comment

No, I know about it.
                              Lol...yeah it's a little buried now
                              No signature

Comment

Humm. Maybe I can get my girlfriend to pose with my motorcycle "In the Buff"...
                                Honey, take your clothes off, grab the camera and meet me in the garage" I don't think she'll go for it, but I'll ask.. haha
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X