Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
    likely not going to happen for me. Sunday I went for a out a dirt road looking for something called the Joyce Kilmer Monument in Bald Eagle State Forest in Central PA. I don't know what it is or even what it looks like. Hit a gate 2.5 miles from the destination. I'll hike there someday but won't get a pic of my bike there. Open House at school for my younger son tonight so.... Can I still vote?
    Open house, boy it's been a while since those days. My youngest graduates from college I'm the spring.

By all means, pleas vote whether you posted a pic or not.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Went for a monumental photo expedition this afternoon. Stopped at this Vietnam War memorial that has a monument for each of the four armed services.
      A little bit more about it.https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...71#post2498471

Is no reason to have bike in this photo, well, other than for making it an entry in this game.
      Felt I was being a bit disrespectful of bring bike into the memorial, and adjusting the exposure for the reflection but not for getting all the names of the monument.

I choose this monument (Army) because it had the better view/reflection of the helicopter (and had the most names).
      Had to lay on ground to get reflection of helicopter in view, then no way to also get more of bike in view. Did get fender & wheel in view, and fairing in reflection.
      But I do like the photo.

Got bike back out of there,
      and then I went back in and walked around... .... .... looking ... .... .... .... thinking ... ... ... remembering.... .... .... ...

(I was draft age in 1970)

Last edited by Redman; 09-06-2018, 10:32 PM. Reason: (I was draft age in 1970)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
        .................................................. ....... I would like the theme to be "Monumental."

To review the entries

Originally posted by trevor View Post

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
        Originally posted by marvinsc View Post

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
        r

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

Originally posted by Spyder View Post

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Let me know if I missed any.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

My vote's for Redman. He got just enough of the bike so we know what it is but not so that it blocked or disrespected the monument. He worked hard to get the subject, composition and angle of the helicopter reflection just right. Lots of great entries this week. I tried but failed to get a shot in the game this time around. Honorable mention to Baatfam for his nearly 28 yr. old pic at Mt. Rushmore.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
            My vote's for Redman. He got just enough of the bike so we know what it is but not so that it blocked or disrespected the monument. He worked hard to get the subject, composition and angle of the helicopter reflection just right. Lots of great entries this week.
            My thoughts exactly.

My vote's for Redman as well, even though he triple-posted the summary post.

By the way, do we have any rule (written or un) about voting for one's own pic?
            Last edited by kerrfunk; 09-07-2018, 08:17 AM.
            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I am going to vote for Redman, also. Nicely done, Dave! The reflection, the minimal bike...nicely done.

Honorable mention to kerrfunk, love the evening, (morning?), light, and the use of the arch to frame the flag.
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

No entry from me this week, sorry. I had an old pic, but it was pretty bad.

Voting for kerrfunk. Great shot, nice light, nice angle on the bike.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

yes Redman for me.

V
                  Gustov
                  80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                  81 GS 1000 G
                  79 GS 850 G
                  81 GS 850 L
                  83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                  80 GS 550 L
                  86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                  2002 Honda 919
                  2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Yes, you can....
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g
                    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

............ any rule (written or un) about voting for one's own pic?
                      Nope, no specific rule one way or the other.
                      And there is precedence in that some folks have.

............. ........... he triple-posted the summary post.
                      I thought I was editing (removing comments), but apparently I was replying or somehow reposted.

Fixed it now.

Comment

Several good pics.

I could vote for the biggest monument.
                        Or I could vote for the most interesting/unique monument.
                        Or I could vote for the most interesting photo.
                        Or I could vote for the picture that best conveyed the aspect of enjoying riding to a monument.
                        Or I could vote for the picture that best conveyed the aspect of viewing a monument.
                        Of those 5 criteria, I would have 4 different pictures/votes.

But for an interesting and good picture of a big and quite interesting monument, I keep coming back to Kerry Kerfunk's picture. So that is my vote.

PS: With my entry, I should have said was a monument for each of the FIVE services (was one for Coast Guard).
                        PS: One of these days I want to get photo of me at monument with my uncles name on it (uncle that I am named after, Natrona Heights PA).
                        Last edited by Redman; 09-07-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Aw, Dave, you're killin me! Right now it's Redman-4 Kerrfunk-2.
                          If I changed my vote from you to me (which I'm not going to do) we'd be tied
                          (besides, if I did that, YOU could do that too, which would put it right back to 4-2 you)
                          Last edited by kerrfunk; 09-07-2018, 04:31 PM.

Comment

My vote has to go to Redman. Very nice shot.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

I like Redman's and Kerry's but there's something about Scott's (MarvinSC) photography that just made me look twice.

I'm going to go with Redman's for the win

And Kerry, I agree with the desire to vote for one's own picture but wonder if it would look wrong at times.
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                                And Kerry, I agree with the desire to vote for one's own picture but wonder if it would look wrong at times.
                                Until Redman's entry (which was pretty late) I really liked mine the best, and I might've voted for it, but Dave's really did take the cake.

Comment

Working...
                                X