Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
    Is this a weighted vote?

Charlie G has my vote, but GustovH is a very close 2nd as the subject matter is very dear to me as well.

Charlie, is that church one of your builds?
    Not a weighted vote, and we don't vote until Friday.

See the first post for the rules....
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Is this a weighted vote?

Charlie G has my vote, but GustovH is a very close 2nd as the subject matter is very dear to me as well.

No, it was done long before my time. I decided that I should apply what is left of my carpentry skills here, as it is a deserving and decaying structure. I did rebuild the rectangular stained glass window that is in front of me.
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

......Weighted vote ? .....
        Charlie G has my vote, ................
        1) No not weighted vote, but most folks do like comments, and honorable mentions.
        2) Charlie's picture of a church building is from last weeks subject-topic-theme.
        3) THis week's game, and a different subject-topic-theme, started Saturday (post #1299).
        4) Voting for this weeks game starts on Friday (pacific time).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Makes me wish there was a like, or even a really like button.

Originally posted by Downs View Post

Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Last edited by Burque73; 09-20-2018, 02:38 PM. Reason: Swapped with a photo I liked better and seemed more "Spiritual".
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              Remembering a friend, fellow rider, on the anniversary of her fatal motorcycle accident.

(Later comment: Some of you old-timers here will correctly suspect who & when, but lets not bring that up now.)
              Very nice, Dave, and for those of us "in the know", your choice of beverage really gives it away.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I'm a little early, but I am not going to be around tomorrow so here goes.

This picture resonates with me, it reminds me of the bomb craters we would run across in the jungle.

V
                Gustov
                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                81 GS 1000 G
                79 GS 850 G
                81 GS 850 L
                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                80 GS 550 L
                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                2002 Honda 919
                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

FRIDAY morning.............
                  With some photos reposted by others I though is good possibility for confusion on voting, So I thought To compile the 10 submissions here.

I include enough of the comments to serve as a reminder:

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                  ...............Places of Spiritual Meaning"..
                  ..................... I am standing where my 2nd great grand father stood a 145 years ago. So it's up to you to seek out that place......
                  r
                  Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                  ........................ The picture is the last ride that I took with my brother before he died.

V
                  Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  ......... ................................... ...I decided to go with my first and only time visiting Bonneville....
                  Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                  ................. I used to come up here (just down the canyon a bit actually) to sit and try to clear my head after my dad died back in 1992 two months shy of his 61st birthday and two months after my 21st.
                  Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                  .................................................. ........... When we visited Pa as kids, this is one of the spots my parents took us to play. Part of my father's ashes are scattered here, ...............
                  U
                  kr
                  Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                  ................... my buddy Bob ......... We've been riding together for almost 40 years .........
                  ........................................ we've all been riding every year since we started back in our teens and still are....

r
                  Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                  .................. So here I am on a little Honda in Waterford Ireland on a spiritual retreat.
                  Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  (Pic from 2011)
                  Remembering a friend, fellow rider, on the anniversary of her fatal motorcycle accident.

.....)
                  Originally posted by Downs View Post
                  ............................... the places that allow me the best reflection are away from others with good views.
                  Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                  Note to anyone tallying the votes: Dont overlook the vote in prior post.
                  Last edited by Redman; 09-21-2018, 03:38 PM. Reason: tried 8x toi get Kerrys pic before I figured the problem

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                    This picture resonates with me, it reminds me of the bomb craters we would run across in the jungle.

V
                    It reminds me of a pond near the Mohawk River in upstate N.Y.

Downs this week for me as well.
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Burque73 gets my vote this week, Judging just the photo. Everyone's special place has a special meaning to them. I set out a few days ago just before sunset to our town's reservoir. It's my go-to place I ride to when I don't want to be around people for a bit. I was looking for an image sort of like Roger's (at least that's what my mind's eye was thinking). When I got to the dirt parking lot at the reservoir, my front tire dug in, turned, and before I knew it, my bike was on the ground. I just sort of stepped off. Philosophical question: If a motorcycle falls in the woods, and no one's around to laugh at you, did it really happen? My busted left mirror says "Yeah, that just happened". So no picture for me this week. There were a bunch of overgrown weeds blocking any shot with my bike in view of the water coming over the dam, and the steam rising off the calm water above the dam at sunset. It was beautiful. You'll just have to take my word for it.
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Never put up a picture this week. Too new to the area to have a special place, and couldn't find anything in my files....Ah well...next week. On to the voting.

Several great pictures this week. Loved Downs', Trevor's, and Burgue73's photos...

But I must vote for Redman's. And although it is a good, well thought out shot, I must admit my vote is purely sentimental.
                        Knowing who Dave is remembering, brought up some deep feelings...
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

My vote is for Down's pics. I spend allot of time in that area on atv's and it is beautiful. It also takes allot of cahunas to ride a fully loaded bike down some of those trails.
                          1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                            Burque73 gets my vote this week, Judging just the photo. Everyone's special place has a special meaning to them. I set out a few days ago just before sunset to our town's reservoir. It's my go-to place I ride to when I don't want to be around people for a bit. I was looking for an image sort of like Roger's (at least that's what my mind's eye was thinking). When I got to the dirt parking lot at the reservoir, my front tire dug in, turned, and before I knew it, my bike was on the ground. I just sort of stepped off. Philosophical question: If a motorcycle falls in the woods, and no one's around to laugh at you, did it really happen? My busted left mirror says "Yeah, that just happened". So no picture for me this week. There were a bunch of overgrown weeds blocking any shot with my bike in view of the water coming over the dam, and the steam rising off the calm water above the dam at sunset. It was beautiful. You'll just have to take my word for it.
                            That pic has a story behind it too, but I decided to try and find a photo that would in some way speak for itself.

Your tip over trying to get into a good spot for a pic is all too familiar. My DL 1000 fell over at 6am in the mountains and I managed to get it back upright somehow. That made me rethink the giant adventure bike thing. The 850 has tipped over four times that I can think of. Not all for pic opportunities, but it happens for sure. Maybe that would make a fun theme sometime. I usually snap a pic of that moment just for my own recollection.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Tough choice for a tough subject. From the images only without the thoughts behind them my vote is for Downs quiet pic with an honourable mention for Dorkburgers context image.
                              1979 GS1000
                              1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Man, work has had me tied up!!! And running hard for my MS5000 Challenge...
                                I like Trevor's pic the best this week... Maybe I'll be able to play again next week!
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X