No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and Steve had the disadvantage of having to limit it to 3 bikes.
    He could have pics of 4 bikes and immediate family members, and other pics of maybe 6 bikes and 8 or so relatives.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

(Cant sleep yet.)

Theme : Colorful Background.

Someplace or situation where you saw a colorful situation-scene-thing, and framed the picture to have that in the background, or AS the background (and I dont mean use photoediting software to put something in the background, nor put bike in front of something) (but, I suppose if you are good enough that we can't tell, or maybe other voters don't care).

My example-submission is fall foliage color of one big maple tree, but your colorful background doesn't have to be fall foliage color. My example-submission is pretty much all the same orange-red color, but yours can be other color or multi colors. Or you interpret "colorful" how ever you want.

In my pic the tree is on a bit of a hill, the bike is on the edge of the road, I went further down hill, got low, zoomed in to fill frame with the colorful background. Was a slightly overcast day, not a typical for here fall heavy overcast or cloudy, so still a lot of light, but not have to deal with shadows like would on a sunny day. I knew was a good day for photos, then found that tree in a park. Have gone back to that park for other fall color shots in years since.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Nice theme, Dave!
        And congratulations on the win...
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

germantown bridge memorial day weekend 2015 by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Memorial Day Weekend 2015
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            Kerry's is much more interesting, Rich's much more adventurous, Glen's much more artistic, and Roger's more unique, Jedz's tells more of a story, Sandy's much more of a pretty scene, Trevor's much more interesting relative to GSes, Bob's much more interesting with the compare-contrast grouping, Steve's more significant of a big trip-adventure.
            Cheers to this great sentence Redman. Your win is the most decisive I recall.
            1979 GS1000
            1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Wasn't sure whether to put the colors in the sky or on the ground.
              I have a few sunset pics of the Wing in Flori-duh. Decided to keep it local, and with the GS.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

IMG_2303 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Sumac is always the first to pop in the Fall around here.
                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

An old pic of mine but I always liked it...

No signature

Comment

I remember getting a little wet on this ride, but the shot I found at the end of the day made it totally worth it.

Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

20161211_163045 by Roger, on Flickr
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I'm going wide and portrait on a lovely fall day. This was the day I rode the Dragon, so it's probably in the Nantahala National Forest somewhere there in eastern TN.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Wow...great pics so far everyone! Great idea this week Redman. 🙂
                          No signature

Comment

GS & wildflowers by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

NOT an entry. This old pic came up in my Facebook Memories this morning. This is Me and the Wife not long after we married in 1980. You can see the rear end of my old 76 T500 Suzuki on the Left and the rear end of my 73 Ford Ranger on the Right. The only one I still have is the Wife.

Homecoming 1980 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
                              Last edited by marvinsc; 03-03-2019, 03:28 PM.
                              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Aspens in the North Saskatchewan river valley early October.

1979 GS1000
                                1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Working...
                                X