No announcement yet.

Good football game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I agree…Garoppolo threw a couple of potential pick 6’s. He was under pressure and tried to force the ball. Something I’m taking into consideration on who I think will win.

Niners @ Rams is going to be a defensive battle. Which offense is going to show up is what I’m focused on. Special Teams may be a deciding factor too. Man, I wanna guess right on who will show up.

Right now, I’m thinking the Chiefs are gonna be too much for the Bengals but Cincy has a good defense too. Although, Titans offense wasn’t spectacular.

I’m having more things to consider between the Niners & Rams. It’s just me in my own mind trying to crack a winner! Lol

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

More NFL Playoff Thoughts

Taking a break from Rams vs Niners...

Watching the last Qtr of Bills @ Chiefs...

Man, Josh Allen is a helluva QB! He was acrobatic and can throw on the run! He was delivering the ball to receivers where they had good chances to catch it but some were dropped.

Still...the Chief's Defense was getting to him in the pocket...but once he's out of the pocket...look out!

Talk about fast! That KC receiver Hill is super freaky fast! The last 1:02 was crazy with 2 TD scored before the Speedy TD...whew!!!

Tony Romo was loosing his mind with turn of events! lol

Is the Cincy QB similar in characteristics/traits like Allen?

I friggin' deleted the Cincy vs Titans game from my DVR...thinking I wouldn't have enough space.

I'll see if I can find it...

This is fun re-watching to evaluate the Conference Finals.

49 yard FG from Butker to tie the game/send to OT. Man, I bet Bills Special Teams is wondering why they didn't squib-kick the football instead of the end-to-end kickoff.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-28-2022, 07:17 PM.
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

About the squib kick question...

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Well, Tom Brady is retiring after 22 years in the NFL. Many accolades but 7 SuperBowls is impressive.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
            Well, Tom Brady is retiring after 22 years in the NFL. Many accolades but 7 SuperBowls is impressive.

Ed

Well my god who is handsome enough to replace him.
            1983 GS 550 LD
            2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
              Well my god who is handsome enough to replace him.
              They broke that mold! lol

Buffalo Bills can now pursue their first Super Bowl with TB gone. They have a darn good team the Bills do.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Most will remember the Super bowls & 22 yrs...My memory will always be his getting caught cheating, lying about it, blaming someone else, & the tiny little gonads that wouldn't let him admit what he did even when everybody else including the NFL knew. Wonder how many of those records he may not have gotten if it weren't for his cheating, Surely no one would believe that the time he got caught was the only time he cheated.
                1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

My thought of TB point to the "tuck rule" and how it no longer exists.

Deflate gate was probably bought off...he was never going to admit to that scandal.

Dodgers got swindled by the Astros...and God only knows what else is controversial. I say that I'm slowly weening myself off sports...cable tv will get dropped this year after the SB. We've already dropped Verizon and went with Mint Mobile. Now to get rid of all the stuff in the storage unit and drop that monthly bill.

I've gone off the rails! lol

Still have to look for that Titans vs Bengals game for analysis...

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

If you find it, try to determine why they went for the 2 pt. conversion early in the game when the score was tied, 96% chance of being 1 pt. lead with kick vs a 62% chance of getting a 2 pt. lead from the 1 yd. line, for me absolutely no benefit in 2 pt. lead over 1 pt. lead at that point, WHY< WHY< WHY...Well too late now!!!
                    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                      If you find it, try to determine why they went for the 2 pt. conversion early in the game when the score was tied, 96% chance of being 1 pt. lead with kick vs a 62% chance of getting a 2 pt. lead from the 1 yd. line, for me absolutely no benefit in 2 pt. lead over 1 pt. lead at that point, WHY< WHY< WHY...Well too late now!!!
                      Yeah, that was a bonehead call/play. Titans thought since Henry was back, they could put it on his shoulders. He hadn't played since Oct 31st and you just can't expect that from any player.

Cincy Defense did stop Henry quite a bit...Tannehill's late interception that lead to winning FG was not his fault.

I could only find "Replays" which was a 5 minute summary of highlights for Cincy @ Titans.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

If they were 1 pt. ahead they would have only been trying for 1st down to run out the clock instead of getting far enough down field for a field goal. I can't help it.....Much worse than bonehead.....There is a time & place for a conversion but certainly not then, & that's not speaking as a Monday morning quarterback, that's speaking from before the play was ran & failed, never go for 2 unless there is a reason or need for it....grrrrrr.

Comment

If they were 1 pt. ahead they would have only been trying for 1st down to run out the clock instead of getting far enough down field for a field goal. I can't help it.....Much worse than bonehead.....There is a time & place for a conversion but certainly not then, & that's not speaking as a Monday morning quarterback, that's speaking from before the play was ran & failed, never go for 2 unless there is a reason or need for it....grrrrrr.
                          Man, that's really eating you up!

Let it out...then let it go!

This is why I'm gonna disconnect from the NFL...seemingly all sports on cable.

I do enjoy recaping these games...especially when my team gets knocked out in the first round...doh!

It was a bad decision to snap the ball directly to Henry and try to score...they thought because of the PAT penalty (12 men on the field-Cincy) and the ball getting placed inside the 5 yard line, they had a chance to score with Henry. Titans should have declined the penalty and attempted the PAT...lol!

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Hard to let go while football is still going... Nascar starts Feb 6th, that should be some relief...I can gripe about how they keep changing the Nascar rules to drive the fans away. Been doing a pretty good job of it for the past several yrs. 10 yrs. ago there was a 5 yr. waiting list to get Bristol tickets, now days the stands are barely half full.

Comment

Hard to let go while football is still going... Nascar starts Feb 6th, that should be some relief...I can gripe about how they keep changing the Nascar rules to drive the fans away. Been doing a pretty good job of it for the past several yrs. 10 yrs. ago there was a 5 yr. waiting list to get Bristol tickets, now days the stands are barely half full.
                              Wife and I gave up on Nascar 8-10 years ago. We'll watch if it's the only racing, but man, did they ruin it.

My suggestion would be to watch all three seasons of "Formula 1: Drive to Survive" on Netflix, and get ready for the 2022 F1 season.
                              Racing starts in March. IMO, F1 and IndyCar has the best racing happening right now.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Yeah-yeah, it's a process. The years I lived overseas during my military career made it difficult to watch games...living in Europe for combined 10.5 years (England/Germany/Italy) I would have to stay up late to watch my team and then be ready for a full day of work...I went without and read about results later.

The only time I was able to watch games overseas was my 4 year tour at Hickam, HI. Which is when I saw the TB fiasco tuck rule play.

So, I don't think it will be too difficult NOT to watch NFL games by shutting off cable; just something to get used to plus it saves money!

As for NACAR...I live in Dover, DE and see how jam-packed it gets around the Monster Mile on Race Weekends. We live south of Dover but avoid Hwy/Rt 13 like the plague because of all the traffic. The shops up that way are just avoided. Plus, I've never been a follower of NASCAR.

F1 Racing is intriguing...plus, the best tracks are overseas and you get the fantastic commentators with English/European accents.

Time to review the game! It's 6:58am on GAMEDAY and I'm bound to rationalize my picks. Setting up my coffee after I post this reply.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-30-2022, 11:41 AM.
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X