X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott gets no love from Dr Evil…lol!

15 minutes of football left…

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Burrow looked in a lot of pain.

Tempers flare for Cincy and causes 2nd flag against the Bengals.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Will this TD & PAT get it done for the Rams?

23-20 Rams

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Prejudice in the NFL

For appearances sake -

Before a quarterback gets married, he must go on at least one date with a woman who is not thin with long blonde hair. Just to keep things fair.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Wow!!!!!!!!

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Resilience…is the name of this SB game.

Congrats to the LA Rams!!!

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Game was won by the refs' calls at the goal line there.

But for real, I thought both teams did well. Either one coulda won.
                Solid game, solid halftime show. Neither one was greatest of all time.
                "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

They "Let them play" all game long... Till the end of the last quarter... sure a little interference, but why call it now?
                  Oh well, a good game either way. 👍
                  My Motorcycles:
                  22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                  22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                  82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                  81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)
                  80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                    They "Let them play" all game long... Till the end of the last quarter... sure a little interference, but why call it now?
                    Oh well, a good game either way. 

There was a lot of grabbing jerseys inside the Bengals 20 on that last drive. Plus, the Bengals lost their temper and started their drive on the 10 yard line.

It's all about composure and the Rams had it.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Was an OK game to watch, for me, not near as exciting as the play-off's. Bengals got fired up a little right after Halftime, then quickly settled back to where they were in the first half....I DID sit through the halftime show & wasn't impressed till near the end when the guy started playing the white piano. It started off really nice, then the last 40 sec. was just the same 4 notes over & over & over & over. With todays technology, why not dual Halftime shows, pick the one you want to watch. One for the more mature ("OLD") folks & another like this one for everyone else. Best commercial by far Kia & the robot dog that ran out of elect. & got recharged by the Kia. I was really disappointed in the Budweiser horse & dog, anyone who didn't remember their commercial from yrs. ago wouldn't have a clue what it was all about.
                      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Well, a good time was had by most! Just finished that last quarter, and that was fun.
                        Glad for Stafford.

But now, that's over and the real fun begins...

Feb 20 - Nascar (yawn) and NHRA
                        Feb 27 - IndyCar (Fun)
                        Mar 06 - MotoGP
                        Mar 12 - MotoAmerica
                        Mar 20 - Formula 1 (Can't wait)
                        Apr 10 FIM Superbike

Can't wait for next season though, now that we have our own play by play guy, here at the GSR Forum.
                        Last edited by Baatfam; 02-14-2022, 08:04 AM.
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                          With todays technology, why not dual Halftime shows, pick the one you want to watch. One for the more mature ("OLD") folks & another like this one for everyone else.
                          LOL...Did you know that was "OLD" folk music? That was classic 20 year old hip-hop...
                          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                            LOL...Did you know that was "OLD" folk music? That was classic 20 year old hip-hop...
                            Yup, that was old fogey rap and hip-hop. Ancient stuff. But that's kind of the interesting thing about the genre; nothing really goes away. Your average 16 year old knows exactly who Dr. Dre and Snoop are and is quite familiar with their work.

Rap isn't my thing at all, but I can differentiate high quality, if that makes sense. I don't like wine, but I can taste it and tell good from bad.

In any case, I was pretty impressed by how tight the whole show was. Snoop and Eminem especially are not known for sticking to a plan.

There's some foofraw about the NFL telling Eminem beforehand not to kneel, but I think that "order" from the NFL brass just has to be made up. Could anyone really be that clueless?

And of course there's, uh, discussion around Snoop's blue bandanna sweatsuit. Again, there are claims that "the NFL" tried to forbid "gang symbols" of any sort, but he did it anyway. Again, I doubt anyone would be that clueless, but then again the NFL brass can be utterly tone deaf sometimes.
                            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Didn't enjoy the half-time show. but I know others my age and a little younger liked it. (I'm 50) As hip-hop goes, they would have had to go back a little further for me. Run DMC, LL Cool J, and the Fat Boys is a halftime show I would enjoy.
                              Rich
                              1982 GS 750TZ
                              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Oh, yeah, the game was pretty OK. Nice to see two very evenly matched teams slug it out. If the game were played over, it would still be a toss-up.

That missed offensive pass interference call to open the second half gave the Bengals a TD they absolutely didn't deserve. I mean, sure, the athleticism and coordination to damn near yank a guy's head off by the facemask and then catch a high-speed NFL pass .00001 second later was impressive. But it was flagrant and extremely dangerous. Whether the refs were trying to "correct" that with later calls, I dunno. Glad it didn't go into another damn overtime, anyway.

I always really hate to see injuries, especially ones that possibly change the course of a game. And I really hate to see players doing dumb crap like punching, pushing, shoving, and that one idiot (Vernon Hargreaves, who was inactive for the game) who ran onto the field in civvies.
                                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
                                X