Ukraine russia invasion predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
    My understanding is that McDonald's is paying their Russian employees during the shutdown "situation".
    Actually, it's a 'special military operation.' To call it anything else is a crime in Russia.

And continuing to pay it's Russian employees is corporate cowardice on the part of McDonald's, plain and simple. That's 60,000 fewer Russians who might be inclined to be displeased with Putin.
    Last edited by Rob S.; 03-09-2022, 09:15 PM.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

War. What is it good for? Absolutely Nothing.

Except equities? ....despite the terrifying carnage and destruction, war can often be a fruitful time to invest....(https://rogermontgomery.com/war-what...ngly-equities/)

I wish I hadn't found that...makes me wonder Who else?: The Middle Kingdom? OPEC? The USA and Canada?

and on another related tack, according to a clever film I watched ,Wars are nowadays Battles of Production-whoever makes the most armament fastest wins. eg:Germany began with a huge arsenal but was unable to keep up with the Allies for various interesting reasons...it might speak to this energetic conflict but That theory only goes as far as Nukes.
      Last edited by Gorminrider; 03-09-2022, 09:24 PM.

Comment

My understanding is that McDonald's is paying their Russian employees during the shutdown "situation".
        Sounds like McWelfare to me, makes me Grimace. The working class deserves a break today.

Sorry guy's, it just tee's me off to no end The Great Reset requires the same old tired methods such as a war to get the ball rolling.
        Last edited by LAB3; 03-09-2022, 09:31 PM.
        1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
          War. What is it good for? Absolutely Nothing.

Except equities? ....despite the terrifying carnage and destruction, war can often be a fruitful time to invest....(https://rogermontgomery.com/war-what...ngly-equities/)

I wish I hadn't found that...makes me wonder Who else?: The Middle Kingdom? OPEC? The USA and Canada?

and on another related tack, according to a clever film I watched ,Wars are nowadays Battles of Production-whoever makes the most armament fastest wins. eg:Germany began with a huge arsenal but was unable to keep up with the Allies for various interesting reasons...it might speak to this energetic conflict but That theory only goes as far as Nukes.
          Just to ponder a question and that is with many corporations pulling out of Russia to show their support for the Ukraine other than some grumblings from Shell Oil about giving the profits from their last batch of crude from Russia to the Ukraine war effort has anyone heard of any oil companies donating some of the massive profits they're going to be making off the uncertainty in the oil market back to the war effort????
          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
              Actually, it's a 'special military operation.' To call it anything else is a crime in Russia.

And continuing to pay it's Russian employees is corporate cowardice on the part of McDonald's, plain and simple. That's 60,000 fewer Russians who might be inclined to be displeased with Putin.
              Another way to look at it is that by not walking off the pitch you reduce the risk of your assets being nationalised and continuing to pay them makes the West bad guy story less credible and it's costing only 50c on the Dollar and falling by the hour. A most favourable development is that Russians figure out they are being lied to and the West being to blame story gains little traction
              97 R1100R
              Previous
              80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                Just to ponder a question and that is with many corporations pulling out of Russia to show their support for the Ukraine other than some grumblings from Shell Oil about giving the profits from their last batch of crude from Russia to the Ukraine war effort has anyone heard of any oil companies donating some of the massive profits they're going to be making off the uncertainty in the oil market back to the war effort????
                That's a hedge bet on their part, they'll be able to point back to that act when they start taking hit's to their reputation when the news of record profits for the oil industry become a talking point on cable news. Only makes sense they'll be turning bigger numbers with higher prices.

Comment

That was a great find!

"If you are going through hell.......keep going."
                  Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
                    Another way to look at it is that by not walking off the pitch you reduce the risk of your assets being nationalised and continuing to pay them makes the West bad guy story less credible and it's costing only 50c on the Dollar and falling by the hour. A most favourable development is that Russians figure out they are being lied to and the West being to blame story gains little traction
                    Yikes what a good (and cynical )point-No profit in rubles. And the powers-that-be will want their kick-backs in gold.

ust to ponder a question and that is with many corporations pulling out of Russia to show their support for the Ukraine other than some grumblings from Shell Oil about giving the profits from their last batch of crude from Russia to the Ukraine war effort has anyone heard of any oil companies donating some of the massive profits they're going to be making off the uncertainty in the oil market back to the war effort????
                    hah They'll probably say they'll need those profits to pay for the losses incurred in Russia.
                    Last edited by Gorminrider; 03-10-2022, 01:38 PM.

Comment

There's only one thing worse - IRN BRU!
                      -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

The original question of this thread was predicting the imminent invasion well that's come and gone what's the next significant event.

I'd guess it's the point in time at which the Russian economy collapses, I can't foresee the war ending until the Russia economy falls completely apart and Putin depossed.

So the question becomes when will that happen, a month, 2 months, 3, 6?
                        1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Score one for the Ukrainian army ... Nice little ambush caught on film ......

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
                            The original question of this thread was predicting the imminent invasion well that's come and gone what's the next significant event.

I'd guess it's the point in time at which the Russian economy collapses, I can't foresee the war ending until the Russia economy falls completely apart and Putin depossed.

So the question becomes when will that happen, a month, 2 months, 3, 6?
                            That's a tough one to answer or even take an educated guess at since there's little history available on how long a major power could stay isolated from the world's economy. About the only place we could look to for some indicators would be Iran, they seem to have been able to pull it off for quite awhile although I'm not exactly sure just HOW isolated they are compared to Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                              That's a tough one to answer or even take an educated guess at since there's little history available on how long a major power could stay isolated from the world's economy. About the only place we could look to for some indicators would be Iran, they seem to have been able to pull it off for quite awhile although I'm not exactly sure just HOW isolated they are compared to Russia.

Sanctions on Iran were never to the soviet degree.
                              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                                Sanctions on Iran were never to the soviet degree.
                                True.

We're still awfully early in this to see what effects sanctions are going to have. As far as what the average Russian is seeing at this point my bet is things haven't changed much, there's a time lag involved in what's still in the supply chain and when that'll be hitting them directly. Just like the average American they'll not pay much attention until they start running out of everyday items.

As to the big shots, here's something that popped upon CNN this morning. According to this guy, only about 70% of cross border transactions are halted.

Comment

Working...
                                X