Ukraine russia invasion predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
    Latest is a prediction that within 10 days, Russia will be unable to continue the war due to lacking time, troops, ammunition and funding.
    https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news...075849016.html
    I dunno. Seems like manufacturing artillery shells and bullets should not be a problem in Russia. Unless of course internal sabotage by Russians is involved (a hopeful scenario) But thinking on it, you may be right.
    I don't see any sensible army engaging angry well-armed Ukranians in the streets and rubble aka Stalingrad.... The very old-fashioned siege with pummeling and starvation is the favoured goto in history. IF possible they will want to choke it off entirely, to stop relief supplies. ideally this forces the defenders to leave or die....and then you can march gaily in. The "historical" defense against such a tight siege are sorties from within and, assuming Ukraine can't actually muster a "relief army", harassment, from without .
    Russia needs a wide countryside envelopment corridor for any type of siege (you can see these on the maps). and this needs lots of troops and an efficient supply. Many sieges fail on the "supply" aspect. If the Ukranians can make envelopment deadly and difficult , the Russian Plan will collapse...

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
      She's a HERO! It's always a thrill to see heroism...reminds me of Tiananman Square
      One small crack and the mighty dam is doomed. We live in hope.
      97 R1100R
      Previous
      80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Sidebar Alert...but I'm trying to recall a time when western armies engaged in a siege. Basra in Iraq?, Cassino in WWII?. I think it's notable "we" seem avoid them. And (interesting?) it's usually western forces that get "besieged" ie: compounds, "forward bases" in unfriendly territory. I bet the world's war colleges are burning candles well into the night these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post

I dunno. Seems like manufacturing artillery shells and bullets should not be a problem in Russia.
          Heck there's 100's of rednecks right in my own back yard doing just that. Thing is, rockets and missiles take a little more time. Of course you want to have a stockpile ready before you move in, problem there is you need to get them to where they need to be. Seems to me that troop morale is the biggest issue the Russians are dealing with right now, having to be there through conscription versus being the voluntarily is the key on that one. If your country is being attacked then needless to say your motivation is going to be stronger than being sent somewhere to fight a battle you have no stake in either way win or lose. It comes down to the question of "What's in it for ME?"

1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
            A short article on where Putin goes from here. Interesting I thought.
            I read that yesterday, and hope it proves to be true.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post

One small crack and the mighty dam is doomed. We live in hope.
              That gal has balls of steel. She did a perversely heroic thing and has effectively commited suicide for an ideal.
              AS powerful an image as Boris Yeltsin astride the tank in the coup against Gorbachev.
              Braver by God than the underpaid undertrained chicken *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ers who are shelling civilians.

The craziest thing about this fiasco is it will harm Russia and puppet Belarus for decades.
              BCAP how are you at hotwiring mega yachts? I hear there's a nice one in Montenegro.
              A lick of paint and a new flag they'll never catch you.

When will the april showers deliver the quagmire needed to bog down the tanks etc.
              Hell heavy equipment in less than ideal situations is breaky enough. Just walking the tracked vehicles you will get a percentage that have mechanical failures.

1983 GS 550 LD
              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

During a live broadcast on Channel One on Monday evening, Marina Ovsyannikova, who is thought to have worked for the company for years, walked on to the set behind the presenter with a placard denouncing the country's invasion of Ukraine.

well by golly what changes are these? a mere fine of 30 000 rubles? Hell if she waits a week it will be half the value.

The fact that she is not in a padded cell is amazing and may signal that the middle echelons are revolting.
                1983 GS 550 LD
                2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                  https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-w...awyer-12566880

well by golly what changes are these? a mere fine of 30 000 rubles? Hell if she waits a week it will be half the value.

The fact that she is not in a padded cell is amazing and may signal that the middle echelons are revolting.
                  Kinda reminds me of what they do with those arrested on drug and violence charges here, let them loose and see how they act between then and when the arraignment is scheduled. If they calm down and fly right, the charges used to negotiate a plea bargain are less severe. If she goes out and continues to protest then they'll throw her in for the 15 years as promised, if she stays quiet they'll discount her as being crazy.
                  Last edited by LAB3; 03-15-2022, 01:47 PM. Reason: moar typo's
                  1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                  1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                  LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Apparently Putin has banned Prime Minister Trudeau from entering the country ..... The PM's office has promised to make a statement as soon as he stops laughing ......
                    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Interesting...
                      At an auto repair shop in Kyiv, mechanics used to working on car engines are instead applying their skills to heavy weaponry captured from Russian armoured v...
                      ---- Dave
                      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Ukraine social media output is enormous. Russia is almost non existent. Am I right, I dunno.
                        I can't imagine Russian troops want anything to do with urban combat.
                        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                          Hope the Russians don't use the license plate on that car to help locate that shop ...
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

This synopsis of an interview with Yovanovitch is worth reading.

~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                              This synopsis of an interview with Yovanovitch is worth reading.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...vitch-00017549
                              Ahhh, more pieces of the puzzle to assemble. I'm getting closer to a having functioning chess board now. heh
                              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Didn't need that article, thought that would've made it here a long time ago?

Forget what biden said ???

Last edited by trent; 03-16-2022, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X