Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Coronavirus Thread

Surprise!

Since the participants seemed hell bent on making the old Coronavirus Thread a Vortex discussion I gave up and moved it into Vortex. Have at it.

In its place is this Coronavirus thread on which EVERY post will be a Coronavirus post. No tangents. No thread jacking. All Coronavirus all of the time. If you want to mention a politician or public official or agency or organization or anyone or anything else it must be tied directly to Coronavirus.

Otherwise the post will be deleted. Repeat offenders will receive one week suspensions.
    Last edited by dpep; 02-01-2022, 09:48 PM.
    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

HAHA! We can't say you didn't warn us dpep
    Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
    1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

You might want to give it a little different name, for anyone who uses New Posts instead of navigating through the subforum structure it will be confusing to know which thread is which.
      '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
        You might want to give it a little different name, for anyone who uses New Posts instead of navigating through the subforum structure it will be confusing to know which thread is which.
        That just happened to me. I was like hey, where'd my little green arrow go? I know I've commented on the thread before. Green arrow will be back now, no worries.

More on topic, I met a fellow today that had covid a few months ago, the delta version. His sense of taste and smell were hyper sensitized. Any salt, for instance, was so overpowering he couldn't eat.
        Just thought I'd share that as I'd never heard of such a symptom.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
          That just happened to me. I was like hey, where'd my little green arrow go? I know I've commented on the thread before. Green arrow will be back now, no worries.

More on topic, I met a fellow today that had covid a few months ago, the delta version. His sense of taste and smell were hyper sensitized. Any salt, for instance, was so overpowering he couldn't eat.
          Interesting ..... Usually I think the usual symptom is a lack of taste ..... I had a heightened sense of taste after receiving my booster shot ..... Lasted about three days ...... No reaction to salt but coffee was overpowering ......
          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

I noticed a lack of taste, but my friends pointed out I hadn't been a sharp dresser for years, so that was all right.
            ---- Dave
            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

A friend of mine and his wife both lost their sense of smell for nearly a year, came back suddenly. Strange.

Comment

We are a peculiar species. there are times our brains are more akin to conjurors than data processing devices.
                Last edited by Brendan W; 02-02-2022, 06:49 AM.
                97 R1100R
                Previous
                80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

I had such powerful experiences after a major head injury, so, to me, it clearly relates to how the brain has been affected.

I would think that should make the subject VERY important, but I have seen nothing in the media about it being explored in depth.
                  "If you are going through hell.......keep going."
                  Winston Churchill

Comment

WASHINGTON (AP) — Pfizer on Tuesday asked the U.S. to authorize extra-low doses of its COVID-19 vaccine for children under 5, potentially opening the way for the very youngest Americans to start receiving shots as early as March.

In an extraordinary move, the Food and Drug Administration had urged Pfizer and its partner BioNTech to apply earlier than the companies had planned — and before it’s settled if the youngsters will need two shots or three.

Pfizer is asking U.S. regulators to authorize extra-low doses of its COVID-19 vaccine for children under 5.

This is the kind of thing that makes a lot of parents uneasy, and untrusting. The government is trying to rush forward faster than the drug companies want to.
                    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I tested positive for COVID-19 in late November 2021. Fully vaxxed, but my booster was only three days before exposure to some moron relations at Thanksgiving. In any case, I had extremely mild symptoms; just a bit of a sniffle for about six days, and my sense of smell vanished for a few weeks. All normal now, which I attribute to being vaccinated. My wife had been boosted two weeks before our exposure, and never did have symptoms or test positive.

However, Omicron "officially" kicked in and ramped up big-time in Indiana in early December. So I've always wondered whether I had an early case. I did have a PCR test after my home test was positive, but they didn't specify a variant.

Anyway: is there a way to test antibodies or something to find out which variant I had? I sort of assumed it was Delta since that was the dominant strain at that time.

And I suppose there's no real reason or need for this other than curiosity. But it's hard to find information on this sort of thing. Even if it is technically possible, it's likely very expensive and probably not something available unless it's part of a study or something.
                      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                        Interesting ..... Usually I think the usual symptom is a lack of taste ..... I had a heightened sense of taste after receiving my booster shot ..... Lasted about three days ...... No reaction to salt but coffee was overpowering ......

Funny you say that. After my last booster, I found I couldn't taste my coffee. It was like water, so I tripled the amount of coffee grounds I use and it barely makes a difference.
                        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

All Coronavirus all of the time.
                          Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Lost another guy from work today, late 40's he had been on a vent for over two weeks. His O2 level crashed and by the time they got it back stable his brain had been without too long. He passed when they turned off the vent today. RIP Korey.
                            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

We received the gov't issued 4 free covid tests in the mail the other day. We'll keep them around in case anyone feels less than healthy.

One thought though... They came in the mail on a day that was about -4 degrees F. The box they're in says they should be stored at 35.6 - 86 degrees F.

Hope they still work.

Edit: For you city slickers that means they sat outside in the mailbox by the road for several hours.
                              2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                              82 gs1100L probably the next project
                              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Working...
                              X