No announcement yet.

I found this snowmobile at the dump!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, I used teflon plumbers tape to hold it in place.

Comment

the carb on mine is very much like the carbs on a GS. if you have spare bike carbs you may be able to find the parts you need.
      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
      82 gs1100L probably the next project
      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Yeah I don't have any that will match. I went through all my little odd n ends bins.
        I'm going to order one online but it seems to work the way it is now.
        My current issue is it's hard to get started unless I give a spray of gas in the carb, then once warmed a little it runs good and will restart fine, but once i ride it for awhile and get it hot it won't restart for anything and feels like it has little compression.
        I haven't tested the compression yet as I don't have a gauge handy, but the difference between hot and cold is pretty obvious.
        A little forum searching (ArcticChat.com) turned up many cases of these same symptoms being caused by compression falling below spec.

Comment

i was playing with a gopro camera and got some video from a sled ride on my junky old jag. it took about 5 hrs to upload this small part of a fun little ride around the neighborhood.

sled, ride, jag, 1986 arctic cat jag 340, snowmobile
          2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
          82 gs1100L probably the next project
          1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
          1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Yeah!!
            That's awesome, it was warm here the last few days I never even tried to get ehr started. I'm regretting it now, lol.

On another note, I may not be needing my sled anymore as I got a phone call today about a job in Florida and it was good news.

I GOT THE JOB!!

I've been high on excitement since I got the news.
            It pays the same as the type of work I've done here, but here locally that's just over half the median income, in FLA it's 3.5 times the local median income.

Plus the riding season is ALL YEAR LONG!!!

Eli it's a shame you weren't closer, I'd give ya my sled for parts or for a back up or whatever.

Comment

Bring it south…

Doh!
              Ain't you never heard of folks racing snowmobiles over water?
              Big sport down here Bro.
              Maybe you can trade it for an air boat? I'll bet you'll want one of those once you ride one.
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Haha, no way my sled is fast enough for powerful enough to propel itself across water.
                I can skip/glide across a little bit, but can't power through a wide spot.

I've been surfing craigslist in Lakeland and I'm shocked at the boat prices.
                Easily half or less of what it costs here for small - medium freshwater fishing vessels.

I'm going to be in heaven!!

Comment

Working...
                X