No announcement yet.

1971 Yamaha XS1B (XS650)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bike went up on Ebay last night. Hit reserve in first 18 hours . Should be fun to see where it goes.

Comment

Now that is how all E-Bay ads should look.
      Good luck with the sale, Russ.
      Inquiring minds need to know...got your eye on another project yet?
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thank you Steve. I try to make my ads as comprehensive as possible. Now if I can only figure out how to embed a video in the damn ad I would be golden.

Projects? Good lord I have enough. As far a flip bikes I have the XS1B, a '99 ZRX that I picked up for cheap money and today I picked up a '69 T250 for $100. It's just a parts bike though. Forks and rims rusted to hell.

As far as my bikes I bought Joe out of the GS750"S" we had together. Really want to get it back to the showroom condition it was in it's former life. The '78 1K needs to have a frame off at some point and the Kat project should be a runner by end of week. Then it has to be torn down for paint, powdercoat, plating, etc. And the 174,000 mile '79 1000 will be back on the road next week hopefully. Going to replace clutch, new reg/rect, fork seals and she will be done.

So I need another project like I need a hole in my head. Which probably means I will have one by the end of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by russr33 View Post
          Thank you Steve. I try to make my ads as comprehensive as possible. Now if I can only figure out how to embed a video in the damn ad I would be golden.

Projects? Good lord I have enough. As far a flip bikes I have the XS1B, a '99 ZRX that I picked up for cheap money and today I picked up a '69 T250 for $100. It's just a parts bike though. Forks and rims rusted to hell.

As far as my bikes I bought Joe out of the GS750"S" we had together. Really want to get it back to the showroom condition it was in it's former life. The '78 1K needs to have a frame off at some point and the Kat project should be a runner by end of week. Then it has to be torn down for paint, powdercoat, plating, etc. And the 174,000 mile '79 1000 will be back on the road next week hopefully. Going to replace clutch, new reg/rect, fork seals and she will be done.

So I need another project like I need a hole in my head. Which probably means I will have one by the end of the week.
          You got the sickness bad!

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
            You got the sickness bad!
            It is a sickness you know well. You're just on temporary hiatus anyway until the new house and shop are done deals. I seem to remember a trip to your casa when there must have been 10 bikes in the garage/driveway.......

Comment

It is a sickness you know well. You're just on temporary hiatus anyway until the new house and shop are done deals. I seem to remember a trip to your casa when there must have been 10 bikes in the garage/driveway.......
              Ya got me there...

Comment

Those bikes are cool, and they are siginificant, but I wouldn't want to ride one very far or very much. You did well to find it, make it work more or less, and flip it. It will make a nice addition to someone's collection. they were not fast, not comfortable, and didn't handle. They were super durable, if by buddy's was a representative example back in the 70's.
                sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

2 1/2 hours left. Made a slight jump today to $2700. Hopefully will get a late push, although I wouldn't be surprised to see it stay at that number. Never can tell really; hopefully a couple of folks feel they have to have it.

Comment

1.5 hours left. $3325! Woo-Hoo!

Comment

1.5 hours left. $3325! Woo-Hoo!
                      You have done well, very well indeed grasshopper!
                      sigpic
                      Steve
                      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

I just realized the $3325 bid was someone who has zero feedback. Not good. Worst thing is it probably discourages others from bidding because it looks like I am schill bidding. I guess I should have put in auction that anyone with less than 5 feedbacks can't bid. I wish ebay had a way to keep a person with less than a certain # of feedbacks to bid. Doubt it will go any higher and I will be stuck with last bid which was $3275. Or maybe the guy is just someone who has never bid before. We'll see.

Comment

Holy hell; $4777.77!

Comment

Wow!...congrats on the big bucks.
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thanks Steve; that was quite a shocker. Seems I need to be on the lookout for every '71 XS1B I can find!

Comment

Amazing!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X