No announcement yet.

1971 Yamaha XS1B (XS650)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Russ. NOW i wish the good folks here would talk up these old bikes a bit better...they deserve it. At least better respect than is often shown for them around here.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
      Awesome Russ. NOW i wish the good folks here would talk up these old bikes a bit better...they deserve it. At least better respect than is often shown for them around here.
      I could not agree more chuck, we as a group de-value our own machines by assuming that we should be able to get a solid GS cheap.

Comment

Joe...theres a vast difference between getting a reasonable deal for a reasonable bike..to which I dont mind being fair when looking at a bike.

That being said, and I know everyone these days are cash strapped, the membership here has gotten into a mindset of "they want the bike at fire sale prices" and then when the try to sell it ( or extra parts ) they want premium pricing to apply.

We, as a collective, need to decide..do we want to be ambulance chaser cheap and bad mouth the very bikes WE OWN AND RIDE, or talk them up to the rest of the world so that premium price is a reality.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Joe...theres a vast difference between getting a reasonable deal for a reasonable bike..to which I dont mind being fair when looking at a bike.

That being said, and I know everyone these days are cash strapped, the membership here has gotten into a mindset of "they want the bike at fire sale prices" and then when the try to sell it ( or extra parts ) they want premium pricing to apply.

We, as a collective, need to decide..do we want to be ambulance chaser cheap and bad mouth the very bikes WE OWN AND RIDE, or talk them up to the rest of the world so that premium price is a reality.
          I totally agree

Comment

Absolutely. What you're seeing happen I think is that as the years go by the Suzuki's are starting to appreciate at a little steeper clip than the others. I think this is because as a manufacturer the Suzuki's were traditionally the best value, because many times they were last to the party, which meant that they weren't quite as collectable. On the other hand, when they did finally get to the party the machines were the most reliable best handling bikes out there, so as time goes by and a younger generation gets into these bikes, they are gaining in popularity. Many on this site remember the old days when one could be had for a song (and still can of course, just harder to find) and fret because that is no longer the case. I wish we as a collective would do more to promote them.

Comment

is that your pulsar i see in the you tube video?

Comment

Working...
              X