Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what do you get on a 30,000km service from BMW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
    Hmmm I dunno its a beautiful bike but a mistress would be cheaper
    Wow woe woe... Who said anything about it being beautiful??? Lol😝
    No signature

Comment

Seems odd to me that they didnt trailer your bike to the dealer versuz riding it. Thats just an insurance nightmare waiting to happen.
      I have the s1000rr on my lust list. Is it as good as the writeups say it is?
      1984 GS550ES
      Rebuild in progress....

1983 GS750ES
      4700 miles

1978 GS1000E...Resto-mod to come

Comment

Originally posted by Mista M View Post
        Seems odd to me that they didnt trailer your bike to the dealer versuz riding it. Thats just an insurance nightmare waiting to happen.
        I have the s1000rr on my lust list. Is it as good as the writeups say it is?
        He is insured on my bike through the dealer and I signed out the 1000rr.
        the bike was fun but not for me. Hard seat but you can change that. It too one dimensional IMO.
        and a ton of heat comes on to your left leg, didn't like that.
        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          The funny part is that spark plugs on modern engines last damn near forever. I bet the old ones looked and worked as new.
          Truth! My Yaris came with NGK Iridium's from the factory... 130K miles later and it's still firing away with no issues. Fuel Injection does wonders for plug life
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I have looked at several new BMW's but never got far enough to understand the warranty process. Was this a mandated service that had to be performed to maintain the warranty? Secondly, are you required to see the dealer for this work?

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
              I have looked at several new BMW's but never got far enough to understand the warranty process. Was this a mandated service that had to be performed to maintain the warranty? Secondly, are you required to see the dealer for this work?
              You have to have the scheduled maintenance done at or about the Kms stated by BMW. I have been told that I can do my own oil changes. Not sure about the rest like valve adjustment etc. I wouldn't have the tools or certainly the confidence to do that. It's a little different when your talking about a $2000 bike to a $20,000 one. I'm just not that interested in trying to save money with the risk of effing something up. Lol😊
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                You have to have the scheduled maintenance done at or about the Kms stated by BMW. I have been told that I can do my own oil changes. Not sure about the rest like valve adjustment etc. I wouldn't have the tools or certainly the confidence to do that. It's a little different when your talking about a $2000 bike to a $20,000 one. I'm just not that interested in trying to save money with the risk of effing something up. Lol
                That is what I surmised. Seems your taking some abuse but you really have no choice but to take it to the BMW dealership at least until the warranty is up. I would save a bit though where you could though.

Comment

Working...
                X