No announcement yet.

Wicked Wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like stock, mild and wild customs. That is a "taystee" wing.
    Last edited by gsrick; 03-29-2018, 03:44 PM.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

With all these customs flying around, I had to do an image search to remind myself what oldie Goldies looked like stock.

The "Candy Glory Red" paint scheme on the CBX1000 is just about the best-looking assortment of polymers ever sprayed onto a motorcycle. That wide black stripe, with those gold and orange pinstripes... oh yeah.

Plus, it's brand and period-correct. Might even confuse a few people, which is always fun.

Has anyone done a Goldie Hawn-Wing paint job? You know, from the Laugh-In days when she would dance around in a bikini with silly stuff painted on her.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I think you know how i love the naked wings right, i think lol. Well here is one i found with vmax downdraft carbs apparently. Only thing I'd change is the tail and exhaust. Id go for one of those duck bill looking ones and a 4-2-1 exhaust

l by Brandon Hobock, on Flickr

IMG_2616 by Brandon Hobock, on Flickr
        I build Pipers

Comment

Also heres a turbo gl1100.
          I build Pipers

Comment

I'm not real crazy about the red valve covers, but the rest of the bike is great.

The gas tank that wraps around the front of the rear wheel is usually quite an eyesore, but that bike makes it look like a stretched-out swingarm.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

The 75's were the lightest and fastest. Carbs and ignitions were an issue, but there are forums and people out there that can dial in the carbs. Like a lot of Honda stuff, the carbs are overly complicated. Kind of like air head beemers that are getting modded out, these Wings can be made to look very nice.
              Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
              Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
              Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                Most of what I posted are show bikes and probably never hit the asphalt, but then here in Florida, as long as you have a clear title it almost anything goes.
                I just posted bikes that I thought were interesting and took what most think are land barges and created something different. Not everything I posted are to my liking, but they may have had a cool touch in a certain area. Do you really think these are ugly?

How much front wheel travel do you get before the wheel is in the radiator? Darn little, I'd say

Comment

Man I just LOVE the look of the naked GL... Now Could I ride one? Probably not... I think it's too much bike to have fun on however I've seen some videos of guys ripping it up on the old GL's.

I didn't see one I didn't like. Keep us posted Rick if you nab something!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by limeex2 View Post
                    The 75's were the lightest and fastest. Carbs and ignitions were an issue, but there are forums and people out there that can dial in the carbs. Like a lot of Honda stuff, the carbs are overly complicated. Kind of like air head beemers that are getting modded out, these Wings can be made to look very nice.
                    I think the quickest and fastest naked Wing was the early 1100 standard. That is the one I like most, too. The 1200 got too fat looking, and the aesthetics of the 1000 never quite settled into something that looked right to me. I look at naked Wings pretty often. I think I could totally enjoy one.
                    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

I bought a '78 like the one in the first post. Hated it. Slower, less comfortable, and worse handling than a 1000 or 1100G. Harder to work on as well, although I never worked on mine, aside from draining the carbs a few times when I knew it was going to sit a while. From carbs to alternator to cam belts, it was fresh when I bought it. Some folks love them, but neither I, nor my brother that I sold it to could keep it at all. It had to go.
                      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
                      X