Other bike fever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    Sucks about the 500 Turbo. I owned a GPz 750 Turbo for a few years, and while it was definitely superior in performance, it was not as unique or "cool" as the Honda. A CX650 Turbo is a bike I would truly love to have. Crazy electrical complexity for the time, though ...
    Tell me about it, the CX500 had a "tip-over sensor" that basically kills the juice on the bike in case of a tip-over so that it doesn't keep running, for whatever reason. I bought one with an electrical issue, and after about 3 months of trying all the "usual" things, I figured out it was that stupid sensor, and finding a replacement took another few months. Not as powerful as the GPZ turbo, that's for sure, but still fun bikes to ride and very cool!
    Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
    87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
    99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
    15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Yeah, the way boost came on on the CX500 is kind of a wild thing. My 750 was built up big time by the end (810 cc, turbo modified, ZX-10 suspension and brakes), but stock for stock, the 500 feels more ... fun.

The 750 Turbo stock is one of the less amazing handling bikes I've ridden.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
        Nice examples in the 1000-2000 dollar range all day long, if you are patient, you can get them for next to nothing.
        I agree... There are 5 V65's in my neck of the woods for sale. All Cheaply proced...
        https://vermont.craigslist.org/search/mcy?query=V65 They are kinda weird looking though... Not sure If I could stomach owning one... A V-Max though? More likely.

I think there are an underrated machine... I had a V45 Saber, pretty quick bike.
        Last edited by Jedz123; 06-27-2016, 05:45 AM.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

The V65 is badass looking. A little short in the swingarm, a little long in the front rake, but akin to Arnie as Terminator.
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Great bikes, IMO. I have ridden both, and greatly prefer the aesthetics, handling, and riding position of the Sabre.

Comment

I enjoyed my first gen VMax, but the biggest downer about it was the 100 mile range. On any bike, that is just plain stupid. V65 Sabres allow real long range riding.
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                I enjoyed my first gen VMax, but the biggest downer about it was the 100 mile range. On any bike, that is just plain stupid. V65 Sabres allow real long range riding.
                Yea, a big Sabre will get you 200+ miles on a tank! That low fuel capacity was not just a problem on the VMAX, the ZL900 has about the same range, maybe even a little less. My 2015 VMAX is the same way, 100 miles tops, but I ride it like a Madman too. LOL! I can't ever remember regretting owning one of these bikes because I couldn't go 75+ miles before wanting to rest my ass. Maybe because I've got such a big ASS? LOL!!!!!
                Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

If I ever got a V65 I would grab a Saber. I think they look pretty cool. I'm not a fan of the look of the Magna...
                  I also love the instrumentation of the Sabers... One of the first bike with all electric instrumentation too!

Didn't know the first gen V-max's had such a poor range. But I guess you don't ride a muscle bike to get good mileage anyway. HA!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
                  X