No announcement yet.

82GS750T - Seal, T/M Gear Shift Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forwrd to seeing the new look with the pipes.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Gsx1000e, I had the 117 Main Jets installed and they are Great. Going for a ride with Bill.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
        First, let me start by say, "Bill, you are a great friend!"

Got the 4-1 pipes installed and Bill R2'd the shocks while I went looking for the spring that goes on the oil filter. The steel insert worked out great! A new oil pan gasket and there are no leaks to report.

The challenge of the day were the Carbs & Airbox clamps! Pics are forthcoming.

Ed
        Why thank ya Mr Ed thank ya very much. Mr Ed is pretty easy guy to work with and made a good friend in the process. Yeah, Saturday was a full day of adventures and they all work out just fine. Then Sunday happened... I didn't like that shirt and jeans anyways lol.
        Last edited by mrbill5491; 03-31-2014, 02:40 PM.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Sweet!!!! Looking forward to seeing how it looks!

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
            Why thank ya Mr Ed thank ya very much. Mr Ed is pretty easy guy to work with and made a good friend in the process. Yeah, Saturday was a full day of adventures and they all work out just fine. Then Sunday happened... I didn't like that shirt and jeans anyways lol.
            Bill, you are the man! I'm grateful to have met you through this site. Your OJT in removing the Carbs gave me the confidence needed to do it myself.

Sorry the right fork/shock squirted all that oil on you--that was like a crime scene! And then the left had no air pressure. My forks feel great now...not all squishy/noisy as they were before.

Originally posted by bikemtn View Post
            Sweet!!!! Looking forward to seeing how it looks!
            I've got the pics downloaded on my computer, now just to upload on Photobucket then update here with a brief description. I slept for 10+ hours yesterday so today I am refreshed.

Will attempt at loading/updating this thread tonite.

Ed
            Last edited by GSXR7ED; 04-01-2014, 11:30 AM.
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
              Bill, you are the man! I'm grateful to have met you through this site. Your OJT in removing the Carbs gave me the confidence needed to do it myself.

Sorry the right fork/shock squirted all that oil on you--that was like a crime scene! And then the left had no air pressure. My forks feel great now...not all squishy/noisy as they were before.

Ed
              Hey, no worries on the oil, it was like being christened lol. Least the forks are working way better. Oh yeah, I didn't do a dang thing Monday either, just watched some tv and messed with my tractors some.
              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Weekend at Bill's - 29-30Mar2014

Alright...here goes!

Copy/Paste link from PB then writing a description:

Shocks installed by Bill...I was out at the Hardware store looking for a spring that goes in the oil filter cover that I misplaced. When I returned, Bill had these babies installed.

Picture before we removed the carbs...notice the hose pipes on the secondary airbox. Those clamps would reveal something later on...

Look at these pipes! I wish the engine was cleaner but that's next year's project.

Ed
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Weekend at Bill's #2

Moar pics with explanations...

Turns out, the OEM bolts that went on the dual exhaust are too long for my new V&H pipes. Another trip to the hardware store and Bill eval'd the situation and got me the correct bolts.

Carbs off...ready for the 117.5 Main Jets...

For some reason, there were rubber washers between the 112.5 Main Jets on the last rebuild. Bill thought it dumb that it was that way but removed them when the 117.5s were installed.

The inlet boots were not securing to the carbs properly...turns out the hose clamps covered the indented area where the correct size clamps needed to be located.

Bill to the rescue! Guess what he had in his Parts Bin...the OEM clamps!

Bill helped me remove the carbs the first go around...when it got to removing the bracket for the choke, there was this piece that goes through the cable that somehow eluded him...it fell in between the cylinder head. I noticed it when I was looking for the fuel clamp that goes over the petcock. It was a good thing I lost that piece otherwise, I would have never thought to look for anything in that area. Not sure if you can see it in this pic...Bill was upset with himself that he lost it!

Here's the crime scene...apparently, there was a lot of compressed air in the right fork...so when Bill loosened the bolt, it exploded everywhere!

Ed
                  Last edited by GSXR7ED; 04-01-2014, 11:48 PM.
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

#3 Weekend at Bill's

#2 Moar Pics

We had to remove the carbs a second time because there was fuel leaking in the center of the carbs. The culprit: this fuel line needed to be clamped. I removed the carbs the second time around...Bill said the first one was for me to learn from him and I think I did pretty good for my first time.

Here's Bill sitting on my bike after all tasks completed. He was happy for me that we had a successful weekend!

Went to Bill's so he could get washed up before our ride!

Bill's bike is so beautiful!

My baby's new pipes & shocks look and work great! Thanks Bill!!!

Final shot is me sitting on my bike. Success thanks to you Bill!!! You are an awesome Dude!!!

Ed
                    Last edited by GSXR7ED; 04-01-2014, 10:48 PM.
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Good on Bill for doing so much work and getting into the line of fire for you.
                      Is the speedo cable missing, too short or routed some other way as it does not appear to be going through the rubber loop at the rear of the fender.

Comment

Instrumentation Panel

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
                        Good on Bill for doing so much work and getting into the line of fire for you.
                        Is the speedo cable missing, too short or routed some other way as it does not appear to be going through the rubber loop at the rear of the fender.
                        Yes, Bill was so good in evaluating my bike. He oiled the tach and speedo but noticed that the cable recessed/broke off on the speedo...so I need to replace it.

I need to get the Cam Chain Tensioner some attention too...and I want a better/reinforced bracket over the front fender...I didn't realize it was held together by the front fender at the lower end until Bill explained how he fixed his 750E.

It's a work in progress...thanks for viewing my thread. I'm very Happy with the results and it was all because of Bill's patience with me. He's such a good guy. Thanks to GSR for getting us together!

Ed
                        Last edited by GSXR7ED; 04-01-2014, 11:06 PM.
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Couple more pics of our ride in Las Cruces...

There is a bracket that I didn't get a closeup shot of that prevents the center stand from hitting the chain. I had to buy my own shorter bolts for the exhaust ports but at least the bracket provided by Z1 prevented me from having to remove the center stand.

Ed
                          Last edited by GSXR7ED; 04-02-2014, 12:17 AM.
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Awesome thread! It's been very helpful to a fellow T owner.

Thanks to the both of you

Comment

Your bike is looking great Ed! Thanks for sharing.
                              I did the same thing when I was working on my forks. I forgot to release the pressure and blew nasty oil all over the place .

Comment

Aw shucks (kicks dirt) I just did what needed to be done. Safety is #1 with me. Just wanted to make sure Ed had a safe bike to ride.
                                2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Working...
                                X