Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toadstool Food View Post
    As I said before, I did not do the customization. You can find the details in my profile.
    As for the welds, Dusty tells me that he brazed the rod with a biscuit inside the base (like a bicycle frame). The visible welds are to cold steel pins he fixed in the rod, to hold the rod in place and keep the brazing from cracking. IDK for sure because I did not see him do it, but it hasn’t shown any sine of loosening.
    Does anyone know what this means? I'd love to know.

S.

Comment

"Black Betty"
      1977 GS 750 "Black Betty"

Comment

updated pic...it lives,

Comment

nasty bastard

"Nasty Bastard No.1"

Comment

Originally posted by JC8865 View Post

"Black Betty"
            Is that you Detroit Diesel Man ?
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

700 with 1150 wheel swap

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                700 with 1150 wheel swap

Very nice joe.

Comment

Originally posted by inferno2081 View Post

"Nasty Bastard No.1"
                  Interesting looking bike, I was hoping for some rear shocks but it still has a nice feel to it.

Comment

Wow, a lot of work went into NastyBastartd1 ! Whoever did that is an artist at heart.

Where can I get a set of those grips?
                    82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                    80 gs1000s

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                      700 with 1150 wheel swap

That bike looks great, Joe. It looks totally factory..of course, I would expect no less with anything you do. All of your modified bikes look perfectly executed. Nicely done, man.
                      1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
                        That bike looks great, Joe. It looks totally factory..of course, I would expect no less with anything you do. All of your modified bikes look perfectly executed. Nicely done, man.
                        Thank ya Larry! That 1150 3.5" rear wheel mod could be done to literally any GS to improve grip and improve the stance. The front was fairly easy as soon as I figured out the spacing.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                          Interesting looking bike, I was hoping for some rear shocks but it still has a nice feel to it.
                          Yeah, its definitely a hard tail now, which gets a little interesting to ride where I live because of poor road maintenance. There's been more than a few times where I've felt like someone punched me in the kidneys when I couldn't avoid a bump or pothole.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory View Post
                            Wow, a lot of work went into NastyBastartd1 ! Whoever did that is an artist at heart.

Where can I get a set of those grips?
                            To give credit where credit is due, this bike was originally dreamed up and built by a man named Jack Barron (owner of Custom Wild Rides, Yuba City). It's got a chopped frame and a custom rear fender, gas tank, and handle bars. It also had a custom air box, but that thing liked to stab the inside of my thighs when trying to back the bike up so I swapped it out for the pod air filters. I think the muffler was pulled off a junked acura.

Those grips are just kuryakyn grips, you can find them all over the place (ebay, amazon, biker barn, etc.) Here's a link to a set:

I've also got a bar end mirror on the left side, and a helmet lock end on the right. I found the helmet lock on a clearance sale at a local harley davidson dealer.
                            Last edited by Guest; 08-25-2013, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                              Is that you Detroit Diesel Man ?

That it is..haven't been here in forever..lost my acct so had to create a new one..
                              1977 GS 750 "Black Betty"

Comment

Originally posted by JC8865 View Post
                                That it is..haven't been here in forever..lost my acct so had to create a new one..
                                Welcome back man !! Gotta head up to your neck of the woods to look at a new truck. Schwieters Chevy in Cold Spring.
                                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
                                X