Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not finished yet but almost there

Comment

What did you steal that high pipe and muffler from?
      I like the scrambler look!!!

Daniel

Comment

I totally dig the kick start on that rocket!
        GS850GT

Comment

Dan, that's the best cafe GS I've seen period! I remember seing the video, any chance we can get a better quality video??

Comment

Dansofield550,

Some very impressive engineering and fabrication going on in your build. Can't wait to see the final product.

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman View Post
              Dansofield550,

Some very impressive engineering and fabrication going on in your build. Can't wait to see the final product.

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                What did you steal that high pipe and muffler from?
                I like the scrambler look!!!

Daniel
                i made the exhaust from tubes i bent, the end can is a short megaphone i got cheap of ebay , the headers are made by motad modified and bent a little here and there and swapped around and put in
                the wrong cylinders if you know what i mean . i've only got a compact camera
                so cant improve the video quality. theres not much else to do to it as its a track bike ive not got lights etc to finish

Comment

81 gs1100e

Just another E, abett: 1165,cams &flow work,Yosh,36mm slingshots ohlins backcut trans, billet basket Sun's, 850 forks ZRX rotors w/ sumitomo 4 piston calipers watari rearsets oval K&N's 530 chain euro bars steering damper & stuff. nuttin special, but a nice smooth ride. I have managed to acrue spares of all the nec. painted bits & have the winter to prep them for fresh paint. am leaning tward black w/blue but vacilate, what ever will be stock scheme. I club raced this bike for 3 seasons in the MRA but could never win the #1 plate tho I'm sure a better rider could have. I like this bike, hope you enjoy.G
                  Last edited by Guest; 01-09-2011, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Cool bike, G.
                    Did you put the ZRX rotors on the Sun rims?
                    Just wondering did the caliper mounting holes line up and was the hub diameter the same?
                    I have Sun rims on a CBX and am using CBR929 calipers that were a pain to mount.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                      Cool bike, G.
                      Did you put the ZRX rotors on the Sun rims?
                      Just wondering did the caliper mounting holes line up and was the hub diameter the same?
                      I have Sun rims on a CBX and am using CBR929 calipers that were a pain to mount.
                      Steve, No, I laced the Sun rims to GS 750 hubs. mounting the rotors thru 1 off aluminum spacers (@ 12mm thick, but to stock hub holes.) then mounted calipers via plates to GS850 lower legs. spacing is CRITICAL.. the clearance of calipers to spokes is like 2mm. but it did allow me 320mm floating rotors & 4 pot calipers. MONSTER brakes in the day, In retrospect I would simply go USD forks, 17"wheel & have better/stiffer/tunable front suspension. luck G

Comment

You should...wire wheels flex. With only 2mm clearance I would be very concerned about the spokes meeting the calipers.

Comment

No pictures, but heres a little clip of my gs I just finished.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....ideo_processed

Comment

HAHA. that's an awesome video. great angle. looks surreal

Comment

1978 gs1000

Ive had this for about a year. I personally added the following: Lowered front and rear, integrated tailight, mini turnsignals in the front, accel super coil and wires, dynas electronic ignition with coil relay mod, dynojet stage 3, hid headlight superbike handle bars, vance and hines exhaust, emgo pod filters while saving for k&n! drilled rotor for the rear. Im currently looking for front forks in good shape so i can do a dual disc front end, and gs1100 swinger.

Comment

Originally posted by depperson View Post
                                Ive had this for about a year. I personally added the following: Lowered front and rear, integrated tailight, mini turnsignals in the front, accel super coil and wires, dynas electronic ignition with coil relay mod, dynojet stage 3, hid headlight superbike handle bars, vance and hines exhaust, emgo pod filters while saving for k&n! drilled rotor for the rear. Im currently looking for front forks in good shape so i can do a dual disc front end, and gs1100 swinger.
                                Good looking bike! Couldnt find a 78 tank huh?
                                Love the color.
                                sigpic

82 GS850
                                78 GS1000
                                04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                                .................________-|___\____
                                ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Working...
                                X