No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, that's a 95 front end. If you search my posts you'll see that the gauge cluster bracket was the most difficult piece. Probably easier ways to do it than my approach. Now that I think of it the pics are gone in those posts because I relied on Photosucket, which is why I re-posted in this thread using imgur.

If you get stuck let me know and I'll re-post the pics

I had to drill the holes in the GSXR triple tree top for the risers which were from a web site that sold stunter equipment. Those are FZ1 handle bars and Bandit wheels. Six pots in the photos were changed to four pots. 4 pots = little better feel but less attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman View Post
      Yep, that's a 95 front end. If you search my posts you'll see that the gauge cluster bracket was the most difficult piece. Probably easier ways to do it than my approach. Now that I think of it the pics are gone in those posts because I relied on Photosucket, which is why I re-posted in this thread using imgur.

If you get stuck let me know and I'll re-post the pics

I had to drill the holes in the GSXR triple tree top for the risers which were from a web site that sold stunter equipment. Those are FZ1 handle bars and Bandit wheels. Six pots in the photos were changed to four pots. 4 pots = little better feel but less attractive.
      I didn't even think of looking for "stunter" equipment - Thanks.
      I also like the looks of the 6 pots, but have been told on multiple sites that the 4s are better. "A little better feel on the 4 pots"...a big difference?...no ones ever made an actual user comment on a bike that had both - I'd be curious as to just how much of a difference - as best as one can describe in words.
      Looking up rebuild kits for my WS front end and there seems to be a lack of full kits {seals or bushings - not both}...I'll just have to piece it all together from different places, but mine do need a rebuild and I won't take them apart and only do part of the job. Add - USD forks seem to be very easy to completely rebuild as opposed to RSUs.
      My intent for my 1000G is early GS front hubs with s/s spoked rims...in back would be the same but a hub from an intruder shaft drive laced to a 17"-18" rim {haven't decided which one yet}. I just love spoked bikes...nothing against cast rims.

Edit- added a few things after second cup of coffee
      Last edited by Guest; 09-04-2017, 10:13 AM.

Comment

I used 954 fireblade bottom and stunt top triple with 1100 forks ...... lots of ride height

IMG_1958.jpg

After this I actually switched to 750 forks with ktech internals ..... still rides just fine
        78 GS1000C- Now sporting 1100E suspension and numerous goodies
        82 GS750E/82 1100E/ GSXR Frankenstein bike completed
        83 1100E "rescue bike" saved from the barn
        2008 Bking - Torque Torque Torque
        Next project slowly coalescing

Comment

Originally posted by bsharpish View Post
          I used 954 fireblade bottom and stunt top triple with 1100 forks ...... lots of ride height

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52578[/ATTACH]

After this I actually switched to 750 forks with ktech internals ..... still rides just fine
          What year FB bottom? Seems, to me, that the FBs ran flat bottoms until '02...if I saw them listed correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by bsharpish View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52578[/ATTACH]

Great looking bike!
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS850GBob View Post
              I didn't even think of looking for "stunter" equipment - Thanks.
              I also like the looks of the 6 pots, but have been told on multiple sites that the 4s are better. "A little better feel on the 4 pots"...a big difference?...no ones ever made an actual user comment on a bike that had both - I'd be curious as to just how much of a difference - as best as one can describe in words.
              Looking up rebuild kits for my WS front end and there seems to be a lack of full kits {seals or bushings - not both}...I'll just have to piece it all together from different places, but mine do need a rebuild and I won't take them apart and only do part of the job. Add - USD forks seem to be very easy to completely rebuild as opposed to RSUs.
              My intent for my 1000G is early GS front hubs with s/s spoked rims...in back would be the same but a hub from an intruder shaft drive laced to a 17"-18" rim {haven't decided which one yet}. I just love spoked bikes...nothing against cast rims.

Edit- added a few things after second cup of coffee
              Both 6 and 4 pot stopped the bike in the same distance, the lever with the six pots never really felt firm not spongy but not firm. The 4 pots seemed easier to bleed and get a firm feel with. I suppose it has to do with the surface area of pistons being pushed. The more surface area the more work the master cylinder has to do.

Going to early spoked wheels is going to make things more interesting to get all the pieces to align i.e rotors and calipers.

Comment

Here's my 1978 GS550!
                FullSizeRender 2.jpg

Comment

sweet looking bike

Comment

Originally posted by edwinastafanus View Post
                    Here's my 1978 GS550!
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]52733[/ATTACH]
                    Wow, awesome work on that!
                    1983 GS650G
                    Build thread: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=66251.0

Comment

Comment

I really like this. Nice work.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

what size tires are on it???
                          I build Pipers

Comment

Woah that GS750 is awsome
                            1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
                            1977 GS550
                            1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Nice, AND tasteful, Spyder!

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                              Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Very nice.
                                1981 GS1100E
                                1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

Working...
                                X