No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think they are raked out. I didn't build it. College kid traded it to me for a '65 VW bug, LGStylo 738.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by blackhammer View Post
      Recently finished project
      80 1100 frame with an 1150 transplant

That's sweet, Nate. Care to share more detail with us, or do you have a build thread to which we can refer?

Is that copper (?) pipe a conduit for wiring?
      '83 GS650G
      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Hey D, yeh I had build thread, but it's next to useless now as all my picture links died somehow (host: post image), and there is too many to go back and fix

in brief, started out as 1980 gsx 1100e roller, had to swap motor to the 1150 as the 1100 motor had a spun cam bearing on the head.
        All that's left of the original 1100e is the frame and swing arm.
        vtr1000 forks and brakes, hyabusa rear, 750 hubs modern rims and spokes, m-unit, dyna 2000, antigravity lifepo.
        rebuilt the 1150 with 2mm over wiseco some head work and other bits, rs36's, custom exhaust.

it goes good. Yes, wiring is in the copper pipe.

Nate B

Comment

Earlier today...

Comment

My $100 work in progress. Ride it daily and have no problem burying speedometer needle. Scary fast for a 650. Has less than 20k on odometer and has only passed through 2 hands before mine. Doesn't hold a candle to the others posted here but thought I'd share.

P.S. The tank is covered with truck bed liner. I won't go into much other details but compared to what it looked like before This may as well have just came off the lot especially the way it runs.

suzi.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by gregp View Post
              Guess I'm the only one still customizing....guess what this is...

Greg!! How did you get your brushed finish? Is that actually the metal or did you simulate with paint?

Comment

Originally posted by Motojoe2492 View Post
                Holy **** bud that's a gorgeous color combo! What enamel is the copper??
                What air filter is that?....looks like it goes all thecway across

Comment

20180519_195434.jpgJust got done bulding this!

Comment

i LOVE YOUR BIKE SO HARD.

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS850GBob View Post
                      What air filter is that?....looks like it goes all thecway across
                      I expect it is a dual flange K&N similar to this: https://www.knfilters.ca/search/prod...x?prod=RC-3512

Mark
                      1982 GS1100E
                      1998 ZX-6R
                      2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

'83 GS1100E RestoMod

It rained all day yesterday so I spent some quality time cleaning, polishing, and general maintenance. Took a photo this morning. Enjoy.

GS_June18_4.jpg

Comment

Another photo.

GS_June18_1.jpg

Comment

One of those bikes that is impossible to see too much of.... thanks.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                              One of those bikes that is impossible to see too much of.... thanks.
                              Here is a picture of its hiney.

GS_June18_5.jpg

Comment

Easily Bike of the Month material.
                                Did you paint or powder coat the wheels?
                                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X