Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my 79 gs-850

im normally into large custom cruiser bikes / chops etc , but i picked up this 79 gs-850 not so long ago and cleaned it up , done some repairs and mot'd it and i have to admit that im very impressed with it , it handles great , its smoothe , reliable and looks good too.

powdercoated frame, matching wheels, engine bars, s/s brake lines, harris 4 into 1 exhaust , new tyres and all new seals and its now in daily use .

Comment

NO, this is NOT my bike...but this thing is SICK (in a good way) !!!!

Surfing the web , I stumbled upon this bike a guy made in europe. To tell you the truth, my pants were wet after I saw it.

If anyone knows where I can find the same exact seat he's got, please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by MakDad View Post
        Surfing the web , I stumbled upon this bike a guy made in europe. To tell you the truth, my pants were wet after I saw it.

If anyone knows where I can find the same exact seat he's got, please let me know.

[ATTACH]8387[/ATTACH]
        I posted that one a while back, very nice bike.

sigpic

82 GS850
        78 GS1000
        04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
        .................________-|___\____
        ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          Sorry That wont work; saying it is red but no new photo. Get to work posting that new pic .

The exhaust looks great; Did the can just slip onto the mid pipe?

thats a factory exh off a stock bike isnt it?? im guessing because of the tight clearences, looks nice whats it off of?

pretty bad v&h /muzzy ect... couldnt put 2x2 together and make a better product, most aftermarket headders are dented because there made with pipes stacked instead of side beside

Comment

Haven’t posted here in forever…

I parked the bike for the season last week which means time to continue my idea of improvements. Biggest things on my list is the seat and rearsets. I chopped off all the mounting tabs and mocked up the new seat, now I just need to shorten the frame a bit, box it and make new mounts. I could never decide on a café type fiberglass seat. This ‘70s Suzuki flat seat ended up being exactly what I wanted but never thought I’d find. It’s literally like new and I paid all of $20 for it.

I’ll probably make my own LED taillight or modify something premade with additional LEDs. I want it bright, very bright.

Comment

Try these guys.

Originally posted by MakDad View Post

[ATTACH]8387[/ATTACH]
              I got my seat from these guys! Hotwing Glass. Good quality Fiberglass. This particular seat looks VERY close. It's the same style. They have a few options.

The bates2 seat here could also be a very good match!

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Seal View Post
                Haven’t posted here in forever…

I parked the bike for the season last week which means time to continue my idea of improvements. Biggest things on my list is the seat and rearsets. I chopped off all the mounting tabs and mocked up the new seat, now I just need to shorten the frame a bit, box it and make new mounts. I could never decide on a café type fiberglass seat. This ‘70s Suzuki flat seat ended up being exactly what I wanted but never thought I’d find. It’s literally like new and I paid all of $20 for it.

I’ll probably make my own LED taillight or modify something premade with additional LEDs. I want it bright, very bright.

That looks like a nice match up from that angle. What's it look like from the side?

Comment

Side:

Comment

looseseal, that is just one bad looking bike. just tough looking but with class. the seat is perfect and for twenty bucks!? makes it even more perfect.

Comment

Loose Seal,

Tasteful ride!

cg
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by cyclefvr2 View Post
                        thats a factory exh off a stock bike isnt it?? im guessing because of the tight clearences, looks nice whats it off of?

pretty bad v&h /muzzy ect... couldnt put 2x2 together and make a better product, most aftermarket headders are dented because there made with pipes stacked instead of side beside
                        If your question was meant for me it's a Hindle header and midpipe with a Yosh RS3 can. The pipe was meant for a first generation GSX-R 750. I had a Yosh Duplex on the bike previously that was meant for the last of the oil cooled 750's and it was a much tighter fit under the sump. The Hindle gives me much more ground clearance than the Yosh.

Comment

Here's my work in progress.

Comment

Looking very promissing Mr Mindless!

Welcome to the site
                            GS850GT

Comment

getting the right stance.....

Lots of eyeballin before the cut n weld....

-Mark
                              Boston, MA
                              Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
                              sigpic
                              1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

Got the stance nailed! Sawzalls can be yer freind... Commence the hacking, with pics, if ya could be so kind. Members here LOVE seeing a bike go under the blade.

Start a thread though of what yer doing.

Henry

Comment

Working...
                                X