Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS850 Trike

This is the rear end of my GS850 trike.

The back axle is from a Reliant Robin car the wheels are 17 inch retro style TSW's with 205x50 tyres.
    The axle comes with drum brakes as standard but I have converted the axle to run disc brakes with the calipers from a Golf GTi.
    The handbrake is cable operated on the calipers and is tucked away behind the left side footrest.

The exhaust is standard to the rider footpegs then customised to run up under the seat, finished with a car back box with an oval finisher, to mirror the shape of the tail light.

The rear lights are replica Ford Popular running ,stop and indicator combined.

The shocks were changed for 11" Harley ones to keep the ride height.

Standard apart from that !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the help given on this site.

If anyone is visiting England, and you are coming this way, feel free to contact me and perhaps have a blast on her?

Trike is called Miss Behaving 2.

Cheers,

Bozza.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-24-2010, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Very nice. Is the rear end gearing much different from the stock final drive?
      Dogma
      --
      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
      '80 GS850 GLT
      '80 GS1000 GT
      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by tarlungs View Post
        Looks Great! What kind of tank is that, and how did you get it to fit?
        to fit the tank, which is from hd sportster, frame had to be modified
        1979 Suzuki GS 500e

Comment

Originally posted by AF_Bill View Post
          Kev- Looks good. Love the way all the lights flow together.

Here are my 2 toys.

The green one is my 79 850G and the white one is my 82 850G.
          Thanks man. Really diggin yours too.

Comment

This is my GS1000. GSX1100EZ engine and carbs,pod filters, koni shocks, metmachex swinging arm,braided brake hoses and Katana front calipers and discs,Peugot car colour. hope you like it more than the classic brigade over here, last comment was "what a f%^*ing abortion" ah well. Johnny

Comment

Looks like a great idea to me. The most comfortable frame with the most motor. Your skeptics must be masking their envy. One might question the color, but it's not bad at all.

Does the frame twist a bit when you get on the throttle?
              Dogma
              --
              O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
              '80 GS850 GLT
              '80 GS1000 GT
              '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

hi Dogma, Thanks for the positive comment,not that I've ever noticed, but I'm usually just trying to not get my arms dislocated!, seriously I think that the heavily braced swinging arm helps a lot I also have a Micron fork brace fitted as well(from my parts donor bike)
                , the bike that I have for parts has the swinging arm from a GSX1100ET(GS1100EX for you in the states) fitted, I seem to remember from years ago that this was a common upgrade along with the Koni shocks to tame any waywardness. The paint colour looks better in the metal as its a pearlescent and photos flatten it out.Johnny

Comment

Jonny, I think you'll find quite a few folks on the forum here would appreciate a GS mod like that (engine transplant). The guys at Old Skool Suzuki would, too, I think. I certainly like it!
                  GS850GT

Comment

I just realized that in my post I said the white bike is an 82 850. She's actually a 650g. Sorry if i confused anyone.

Johnny- looks great and porbably tons of fun to ride. Color is beautiful too.

Comment

Johnny, I like it! Not a show bike but a fine example of the hot rodder's art.

What pipe are you running?

Comment

Hi Bill, the exhaust is from an English company called MOTAD,they make aftermarket exhausts for lots of Jap,Euro& English bikes.This is the type to fit a GS1000 but it fits straight on,I like this brand as you don't have to re-jet to suit it, I am going to have to replace it wen finances allow as it cracked all round the weld between the collector and the end can.Yeah I know that it isn't a show class bike or even that clean! but this is what it looked like 13 years ago when I bought it.Johnny

Comment

Oops, sorry D, got your name wrong!my 19 month old was trying to get me to play and I rushed the reply-sorry!

Comment

Johnny,
                            Brilliant bike! Now there is a hot-rod that you can RIDE!!! Great bike!

Comment

Originally posted by badbrown View Post
                              some updated pics
                              Both bikes are beauties!

Comment

my 650gl

took a couple new pics of my bike today

Comment

Working...
                                X