Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atb1998 View Post
    More recent pic with muffllers, black paint and taller seat springs. A little more civil
    Now that's what a GS should look like, IMHO. Got any more pics of the build? I especially like the tank... Very nicely done.

Comment

Originally posted by atb1998 View Post
      Modified stock frame with hard tail and raked front end. Modified stock gas tank, big bore kit rejetted carbs to allow for staight pipes and velocity stacks. Drilled sprocket cover. Built the bike a few years ago. Sold it to a local. Got back in a trade a couple of months ago. Now is all gloss black instead of the red and black
      Very nice. I like the black and red sceme best.

Comment

meh...why not?

Really slick 3-way adjustable old-school showa shocks, GS500 rear wheel, FZR600 forks, FZR600 front wheel and 298mm rotors, K&N pods, Kerker exhaust, Trailtech Vapor gauge cluster, and a little extra bracing here and there.

VV-------------------------------VV

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by russr33 View Post
            Very nice. I like the black and red sceme best.
            Actually I did too! But I have a thing about riding such a distitinctive bike with someone elses colors on it. everyone will say "Isn't that blh, blah blah's bike. Even though i owned it first with that color scheme, he had it longer. Thanks for the compliments. just so no one one whines, it was a REALLY rough gs 750. The only good part of the original body that wasn't beat to hell was the front fender, which we used for the rear fender.I also own a relatively clean 78 1000 C.

Comment

From this...

Comment

...to this

Comment

And this...

Comment

...to that.

Comment

Kris, this bike turned out BEAUTIFUL! Are you going to make any passes on it after you get the rings sealed? Ray.

Comment

I apologize for the crappy pictures, it was late last night and all I had handy was my camera phone. 2mp and no light doesn't really do it any justice.

Here's mine in a state of near completion, It's a 1980 GS850GL(ady) as I've seen on this site that that's what the L stands for. Well I think after a lot of hard work I'm going to have to find a new meaning for the L.

When i got the bike it was actually in really nice shape but that seat and those bars although comfortable were definitely not my style. I went with a set of clubmans, different headlight bracket, new slightly smaller blinkers, custom paint, and a custom seat (almost done i just need a cover). Future possible plans include a different headlight bucket powder coating the rims black a custom gauge cluster (or one of those all inclusive single gauges) and moving the pegs back.

**also if anyone could tell me how to add more than one picture on a post that would be pretty sweet too.

oh and sorry about the wee bit of a junk shot my garage is small and i was sitting on my fathers V45 Sabre
                        Last edited by Guest; 02-24-2009, 12:16 PM.

Comment

and another

Comment

Slightly updated pic.

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
                              Rotty-

That looks bad@$$!

Amen to that! Give details, puh-leeeeeze! Or have you done a 'build thread'? If so, drop a link, would ya!
                              -KR

Comment

Chris,
                                Your bike is remarkable, appreciate the attention to detail and man gotta luv your workspace!!

Comment

Working...
                                X