Dig this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dig this

my buddy john thought he would flick a buger at all those fat tire guys so he built this!says he can't feel it go from one tire to the next and has no wiered handling characteristics. Must not as he wheelies the damn thing. I got a kick out of it so I thought I'd share. Long way to go for a joke! Let's see occ top that!
    Last edited by Guest; 12-11-2008, 11:42 PM.

Originally posted by briyenkieth View Post
    has no wiered handling characteristics.

Weird or whatever he probably runs out of ground clearance before he runs out of tire. Now what about that exhaust ?
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Thats wider than the mud terrains on my truck.

Comment

never noticed that in the pic it appears to end there. If you look at the shadow beneath the bike you can kinda see where it turns up and back. Harley guys don't seem to hung up on ground clearance. Even I took that into consideration when I built my frame but in that set it don't seem to matter much. Should be able to pull off the sidewalk without rubbing the bottom. I got something like eight inches of ground clearance a bit much for a bobber maybe but it works for me. I think johns bike has an overall rear tire width of almost twelve inches. The sprocket is in the middle, so that adds a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by briyenkieth View Post
          The sprocket is in the middle, so that adds a bit.
          Until you said this, I thought it was just one big fat iter but in is actually 2?!!

Comment

says he can't feel it go from one tire to the next and has no handling characteristics.

edited for accuracy

Comment

true. Sure is fun to look at though.

Comment

twisty machine

Dare you to run that thing through some twisties!! ..good grief!

Probably do some pretty stable wheelie poppers though!!

Comment

hell id ride it, be a nice bar hoppin bike unless it handles better then im thinkin

Comment

A non-handeling bar hopping bike.

Great
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

John's a wildman and rides the balls off this thing. Even wheelies! Obviously it would be crap on any decent (twisty) road but it's not meant to be ridden in that manner but he still does. The bike was built out of fun and for fun. It can't be any worse than any of the 300mm rear tire bikes out there!

Comment

Hey at least if he get's a rear flat he's got another one to ride home on :-)
                        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

the worlds narrowest track trike?
                          he can runflat on one rear!! Just has to lean out a ways like an outrigger canoe.

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                            Hey at least if he get's a rear flat he's got another one to ride home on :-)
                            funny!!

Comment

I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there.

I love the sprocket in the middle. We don't need no steenkeeng jackshafts.
                              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
                              X