No announcement yet.

Yoshimura GSX1135R (EFE) Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bike fired up tonight in the garage without problems on the first push. Idled smooth as a dream and the good thing - no oil on the pistons and no blue smoke.

Will have to wait until tomorrow to see how it works under a bit of load. But for now, no leaks.

Comment

$1000 worth of dash ordered.

I'm starting to think I'm crazy...

Comment

Originally posted by Mindless View Post
        $1000 worth of dash ordered.

I'm starting to think I'm crazy...
        You are just NOW starting to see that?
        Happy to hear that you cured the oil leaks!

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
          You are just NOW starting to see that?
          Happy to hear that you cured the oil leaks!

Daniel
          I should probably see a doctor right?

Not only fixed the leaks - I fixed the lockup clutch too. Works like a charm now!

Comment

Too late for seeing a doctor now, you've spent your doctor money on bike parts! That's OK, the bike is SICK!

Comment

OK, this is slowly turning from "probably one of the best builds i've seen on this forum" to "the best GS build i've ever seen, anywhere, full stop!"
              GS850GT

Comment

Yay, the package has arrived. Gonna go pick it up tonight after work. Stay tuned for some pictures!

Comment

It's finally here!

Serious box stamped with date of manufacture and so on. The dash is not even two weeks old.

Temp and speed sensors. Also very seriously marked with date of manufacture, serial number, and who checked and tested the sensors.

Box contains two connectors for the dash, one for all the relevant wiring and another for extra sensors and the serial connector for any and all configurations as well as a very detailed instruction manual and a CD with the configuration software.

The dash!

So nice!!

So thin!!!

And something along the lines of what it will look like when fitted on the bike. Just need to make some brackets for it.

Worth the $950? Probably when I see it light up for the first time and it looks freaking awesome, but seriously, it is borderline insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindless View Post

Worth the $950? Probably when I see it light up for the first time and it looks freaking awesome, but seriously, it is borderline insane.
                    $950? You have balls, sir. I need to see that in action!

Comment

A perfect fit. Need to see it all lit up now.

Comment

I've spent the day making a mounting plate for the dash. Turned out flawless. God I'm digging this dash now.

Was really easy to make using the template they supplied for all the holes. Tape it to a sheet of alloy, mark the holes, drill.

Couldn't be happier!

Now all I got to do is wire it, do all the configuration and make sure the wheel speed sensor works. Then it's off to do the MOT on Thursday.

Comment

Looks perfect.

Comment

I was so excited for the turned on pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                              I was so excited for the turned on pictures.
                              Hopefully I'll have some of those up later today. Gonna solder all the wires and configure it in a while.

Just need to get a solderer...

Comment

Looks great! What functions does it have?
                                • Suzuki GS1100 for racing
                                • Suzuki GS1000S for nostalgia
                                • Yamaha FZR1000 for touring
                                • Yamaha TR1 for a project

"to do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. Indeed, life is not measured in years alone but in achievement...." Bruce McLaren

Comment

Working...
                                X