Yoshimura GSX1135R (EFE) Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gs58 View Post
    Looks great! What functions does it have?
    Everything and a bit more.

• Fully configurable tachometer.
    • Speedometer.
    • 4-analog inputs for different sensors (oil-, air- and watertemp, etc.).
    • Gear position indicator.
    • Laptimer
    • Configurable shiftlights.
    • All relevant warning lights for street use.
    • Ability to switch between 5 different screens that each show different information.

I probably forgot something but that's the "major" stuff. It's got pretty much all you need.

Comment

Made to order, this build just gets better and better..

Comment

Tell me more about that custom exhaust and more importantly, how do I get one?

Comment

It works! Made a small clip of it too. I apologize for the quality of the video, phones aren't meant to film stuff...

Now I'm gonna hook up the laptop and configure everything.
          Last edited by Guest; 06-19-2011, 08:14 AM.

Comment

It might be an optical illusion but, the M/C appears to be at a bad angle.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
              Tell me more about that custom exhaust and more importantly, how do I get one?
              You contact Dave at http://www.exhaustcraft.co.uk/ for the downpipes and you commission me to make the muffler and linkpipe.

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
              It might be an optical illusion but, the M/C appears to be at a bad angle.

Daniel
              You mean the fluid cup Daniel? Doesn't affect the function of the master cylinder so I don't see any problem with it. Besides, I had nowhere else to put it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindless View Post
                You contact Dave at http://www.exhaustcraft.co.uk/ for the downpipes and you commission me to make the muffler and linkpipe.

You mean the fluid cup Daniel? Doesn't affect the function of the master cylinder so I don't see any problem with it. Besides, I had nowhere else to put it.
                Ok how much to do the muffler and mid pipe? its going on a 82 GS 1000 Katana...you can PM me..

Comment

I think it's bad that I am more excited about seeing this project come to fruition more than my own. Maybe that is just a compliment to the quality of this build though.

Comment

Great work. Especially, for such a young man. Your father did well. El G.

Comment

Originally posted by afholderman View Post
                      I think it's bad that I am more excited about seeing this project come to fruition more than my own. Maybe that is just a compliment to the quality of this build though.
                      Thanks.

Originally posted by El Giablo View Post
                      Great work. Especially, for such a young man. Your father did well. El G.
                      Haha. He took me to the dragstrip at an early age. Guess I got affected.

I always showed a big interest in motors and mechanics so it just happened to turn out this way. Naturally, most of my knowledge has rubbed off from my old man.

Fitted some buttons for the dash functions yesterday. Turned out pretty neat I think. Works like a charm as well.

Now all I need to fix is the speedo but I'm still having trouble with getting it working on the front wheel. May have to place it at the rear wheel instead.

Sorted out a temporary speedo using some clocks from a bicycle. Goes up to 299km/h so no problem there, and it's approved for road use on motorcycles as well. Gonna take it for a road test tomorrow and hopefully the bike will be street legal after that.

Comment

Don't start it for the inspector; you might scare him!
                        What brand of handle bars are you using? Is the bulge in the center of them stock?

Comment

Mmmmmmmmm..... Keeps getting better and better. I'm mostly waiting for paint though .

Comment

Originally posted by DMorris View Post
                            Don't start it for the inspector; you might scare him!
                            What brand of handle bars are you using? Is the bulge in the center of them stock?
                            Pretty sure those bars are custom made? Or maybe Laverda bars?

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
                              Pretty sure those bars are custom made? Or maybe Laverda bars?
                              Custom made Laverda bars. I modified them to fit 28mm risers.

Comment

Just when I thought there's no way you could ever again out-do yourself... you find a way to do it yet again... those red buttons KICK ASS !
                                GS850GT

Comment

Working...
                                X