Yoshimura GSX1135R (EFE) Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mindless View Post
    I know much has to do with the rider but I had no problem taking Ducati 1098S' on the inside while dragging my knee.

It made 120mph in third gear effortlessly so it packs quite a punch.

It worked flawlessly and the power it makes above 6500rpm is just staggering. Gonna have a blast with the bike once it's all finished.
    Mindless the Duc(k) hunter! Heal up.

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I'll promise you an update next week when I can remove the cast from my right arm.

And yes - the cast is the result of a minor crash with the bike, but rest assured the damage is very small, both to me and the bike.
      Be careful and heal. El G.

Comment

How's it going on the repair work? Hope you and the bike are healing up well.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
          How's it going on the repair work? Hope you and the bike are healing up well.

Cheers
          I'm fully recovered now with the exception of two deformed fingers.

The bike is on it's way back too. It's been hibernating for a few weeks now waiting for parts and whatnot. Gonna try and have it freshly registered with all the new data by the end of the month if all goes well.

Will probably start working on this winters project soon too. A Kawasaki KZ1000 Mk.II.

Comment

Glad to hear you've recovered well. Best of luck with re-registering the beast.

A KZ1000?! I'm sure that will be fairly awesome. Are you planning on similar mods? Hop up the engine and modern running gear?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
              Glad to hear you've recovered well. Best of luck with re-registering the beast.

A KZ1000?! I'm sure that will be fairly awesome. Are you planning on similar mods? Hop up the engine and modern running gear?
              The Kwak will get fitted with a ZRX1100 swingarm (the nice tubular one), some Honda CBR900RR RWU forks and a set of Astralite wheels (those super-sexy oldschool racing wheels) and some minor engine tuning. It wont be a thoroughbred racebike like mine but more of a subtle muscle bike.

Comment

Just back from doing a few dyno runs.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Bike delivered a bit less juice than I expected (expected 145rwhp), but that was because it was running lean on the top. Figures landed at 136,32rwhp. The lambda measurements were perfect around 0.85-0.95 (about as good as you can expect it on a bike with carbs) but up over 7000 rpm, it leaned out quite a bit so the curve rounded off earlier than it should have. Erik (of MC Xpress) reckoned that fixing some bigger main jets and doing some general carb tuning could retrieve those missing 10hp (from my estimate).

And according to a friend, the dyno at MC Xpress is a bit on the lower end with the figures so it's probably already making over 140rwhp but with some fine tuning I could get it around (or above) 150rwhp.

But regardless of the figures, I'm really happy with the results. It runs perfectly (except for running lean up top) and pulls like a beast and the feeling in the air when it roars to the red line is just awesome. Nothing exploded either!

Comment

140 HP to the rear wheel??? That's amazing. Like some cars have the same amount of power but are four times more heavy lol. I think I would poop myself if I was lucky enough to ride this masterpiece!

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
                    140 HP to the rear wheel??? That's amazing. Like some cars have the same amount of power but are four times more heavy lol. I think I would poop myself if I was lucky enough to ride this masterpiece!
                    Yep. With some fine tuning there's probably another 10 to be had as well.

Lots of power to be made in these things, even without massive big block cylinders.
                    Last edited by Guest; 09-23-2011, 11:43 AM.

Comment

That noise is incredible. Can't imagine what acceleration must feel like. Gotta be close to a rocket ship I'd think.

Thank you.

Comment

the noise is spectacular... but seeing the tank dents really hurts !
                        GS850GT

Comment

Made a nice deal today. Complete and running 1100 engine from a EZ newly bored out to 1168cc, slighty ported head and reinforced clutch. Guess how much?

$250.

I almost hate myself.

Comment

Were there men in white coats looking for the seller? That was a hell of a deal.
                            79 GS1000S
                            79 GS1000S (another one)
                            80 GSX750
                            80 GS550
                            80 CB650 cafe racer
                            75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                            75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Comment

mmmm nice - if that's one of their titanium exhausts i know they start at around £1300......

Comment

Working...
                                X