No announcement yet.

What do you think of this Paint Scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not actually my cup of tea, but I do think it would be an attention grabber. You see all kinds of unique stuff like that at Sturgis, so go for it.
    Good luck.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

I really like Tom's representation. I think that it matches any actual John Deere equipment extremely well especially with the yellow rims and seat. Exactly how the Deere runs! I like it. My .02.

Comment

I actually ran with this idea more as a joke and a good humorous thread. But if you look at Tims second picture leave the green paint, remove the deere logo and go with black rims and seat, I think I may actually go with the green bike theme. I will paint the engine black. I am going to finish painting the final piece of the engine green so the undercoat on the whole engine is the same them paint over it black after it has cured good. Then the fenders, tank and side covers will be green. Get rid of the stock brake light and put something a little more low porfile and I believe that is going to be the final scheme on my project bike. I think I have finally convinced the wife.
        By the way thanks for everyone's comments this was a fun thread. Just have to finish up the wiring on the running 550 and then I am going to move on to the project bike. It will be going with the green and black scheme.

Paul

Comment

Im glad someone else liked the second image I did and i agree about the yellow seat being alot, but every John Deere i've seen has one.

I think the green and black bike would look stellar though. Glad we got some resolution from this enjoyable thread

Comment

Final Decision

Well thanks to Tim Tom's creative abilities and talents with photoshop we have come up with the color schem that my lady will be getting this winter.

This is almost exactly what I had envision after seeing a couple of the earlier post. I am really excited about this color scheme and I am really looking forward to making it happen this winter. For now I am going to enjoy her as she is and get some riding in before the cold winds begin to blow.

Comment

That I can live with. The others....no.
              Current Bikes:
              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Here's one for you.

Here's a link to the article with more pics too.
                Extensive selection of high-quality domain names. Knowledgeable, friendly customer support.

Comment

Originally posted by Macguyver View Post
                  Here's one for you.

Here's a link to the article with more pics too.
                  http://www.crazyvehicle.com/organic-bike/
                  It looks nice but I wonder how easily it would bottom out on some of the speed bumps/tables I've driven over.
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I think thats more of a decorative item than something you can actually ride.
                    ---Eric

Comment

Of course you're from Maine.

Originally posted by Redneck View Post
                      Well thanks to Tim Tom's creative abilities and talents with photoshop we have come up with the color schem that my lady will be getting this winter.

This is almost exactly what I had envision after seeing a couple of the earlier post. I am really excited about this color scheme and I am really looking forward to making it happen this winter. For now I am going to enjoy her as she is and get some riding in before the cold winds begin to blow.
                      I'm from Waterville, well...Sidney, and when I saw the mockup I about cried tears of joy. I vote that you stay closer to the second mockup. Yellow seat is key. Yellow frame, too. With cast iron swingarm. Suicide shifter with knob scavenged from a 1970's JD would be badass, too. Come on, man. Route 1 needs this.

Here comes the indian sunburn....the third mockup looks too much like the LL Bean package. Bam! There it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky View Post
                        I think thats more of a decorative item than something you can actually ride.
                        Maybe it was done by O.C.C. then?

Comment

That green used to be a very popular colour.....

Comment

Working...
                          X