Opinions on paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
    Yeah that would be a SS Supertrapp,my 85 750 has it's more common mild steel header/mid aluminum can system.
    I did a couple of searches and could not find one (SS Supertrapp). Who sells them?
    sigpic
    1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
    1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
    1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
    On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
    All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Originally posted by glib View Post
      I did a couple of searches and could not find one (SS Supertrapp). Who sells them?
      SuperTrapp sold them; they are probably long gone out of production.

The best you could do a couple of years ago was to find a Hindle 4:2:1 for the 1st Gen GSXR 750; they are a very nice fit. The final closeout on those headers was about a year ago.

Look such a pipe, but you will be competing with the slabby guys so dont expect any rock bottom prices.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        SuperTrapp sold them; they are probably long gone out of production.

The best you could do a couple of years ago was to find a Hindle 4:2:1 for the 1st Gen GSXR 750; they are a very nice fit. The final closeout on those headers was about a year ago.

Look such a pipe, but you will be competing with the slabby guys so dont expect any rock bottom prices.
        BUMMER!! My stock exhaust is mostly in good shape but has some nasty scratches on the right rear so I will want to replace it at some point.
        Last edited by glib; 09-20-2014, 11:21 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

IMHO, it would look good painted like your helmet. I also happen to think that people who are worried about market value probably don't ride their bikes as much as people who just love their bikes. Do whatever you want and enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scratcher09 View Post
            IMHO, it would look good painted like your helmet. I also happen to think that people who are worried about market value probably don't ride their bikes as much as people who just love their bikes. Do whatever you want and enjoy it.
            Good point. I have only ridden this bike around the block because the back tire is so old you can't even read the code on it and the front fork seals leak badly. I don't know if I'll keep it for six months or 10 years. I will fix everything to make it a dependable ride over the winter but I like to paint and I can take off the bodywork pretty easily so here we are.

I decided to stay with the stock base color and added a layer of red pearl and a small amount of red candy to darken it just a bit and then added some of the reflective flake to the clear--maybe a tenth of what is in the helmet. I just painted the front fender so far because it is easy to repaint if I decide to change it. It is really stunning. Pictures are so disappointing. Both the stock color and the painted front fender look orange in the picture but they are really much more red and the pearl makes the fender glow and the touch of flake really glistens in the sun.

sigpic

Comment

Nice way to get much more depth with little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                http://www.rddecals.afegraphics.com/...logokit-S01153

it's where I got my decals from for my 83

Did you clear over the decals? On my tank and side covers there is clear over the decals but not on the tailpiece--which looked bad before I peeled it for painting. How do you know if the decals will hold up to being cleared?
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X