Checking fuel Bowl height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking fuel Bowl height

Have to say the CV rebuild tutorial is fantastic.
    Getting close to finishing my carbs on the EZ.

Made a little thingy to help and its great.

Current Bikes.... 81,1230Kat, 86,GSXR1100, 86,RG500,
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

I Like that lots

Comment

Nice work!
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Careful, people will be wanting to borrow that thing!
        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Whats the thread size on the fuel bowl screws? I was meaning to make something similar myself

Comment

How do you attach it to the bike when it's running?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I need to make one of these. Still think my issue is electrical but I want to make sure the floats are correct as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiff View Post
                Whats the thread size on the fuel bowl screws? I was meaning to make something similar myself
                The thread is 6mm fine.
                I brought a bolt and nut , cut off the head off the bolt and drilled it in a lathe.
                Last edited by Arronduke; 03-25-2014, 02:35 AM.
                The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                  How do you attach it to the bike when it's running?
                  Have not tried this but if you screwed in the adaptor and the pushed the hose on after and then turned on the fuel ...... assuming there is enough room for the hose between the carbs which there is not by looking then this could work.

Easy enough to do the outside carbs.

Comment

I'm just wondering (and being pedantic and just checking I have not missed anything) why you don't just measure them with a caliper?

Seems a lot easier and would prevent you having to assemble the bowls, test it, remove the bowls, adjust, replace the bowls and test it again.

According to the specs the measurement is good to + or - 1.00 so it can't really be that critical.

Or do you just like fettling?

Greetings
                    Richard
                    sigpic
                    GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                    GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                    GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                    GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                    Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                    Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

I did but it is nice knowing that they are actually working as they should.
                      I needed to adjust one to get the right level.

Nothing worse than doing a rebuild and installing the carbs to find one leaks and another float level is wrong causing issues.

Peace of mind I am thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Arronduke View Post
                        Have not tried this but if you screwed in the adaptor and the pushed the hose on after and then turned on the fuel ...... assuming there is enough room for the hose between the carbs which there is not by looking then this could work.

Easy enough to do the outside carbs.
                        I have four hoses from the four bowl drains, bring them up alongside #4 carb together. They do read differently when the engine is running than they do sitting off the bike. If you reduce the diameter of the float hinge pin so it's not an interference fit you can take the floats off with the carbs in place to make small adjustments.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
                        X