No announcement yet.

Cheap SERIES(????) R/R : VRRPM3 from OMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does he list the capacity of these R/Rs?

If it's a series R/R that will handle 350 watts, I'd be very, very interested in an upgrade for my V-Strom. (My 2002 is rated at 350 watts; later models are rated at 400 watts.)
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

OK Who ones to be the first Guinia pig? See the note from SaltyMonk below:

By the way - Tony from Oregon Motors emailed me. Said the one to you bounced.
      He says it's definitely a series RR & that he was tired & grumpy as he's so busy up there at the moment, seemed like a reasonable bloke.

Comment

It's rated at 25Amps. Presumably at 14.5v as it says that is what max voltage is set to.

Using formula P=IV that is:

362.5 Watts at 14.5v or 300 Watts at 12v.

I have got an email back from Tony there today. He says he's Uber busy hence the grumpy response.
        He has confirmed it's a series unit & I'm likely going to get one for my skunk for testing in the next few days.

I have offered it to Posplayr first to run tests on before I fit it if he's interested... he's the RR king!!
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          OK Who ones to be the first Guinia pig? See the note from SaltyMonk below:

That would be me then....
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Report back for sure then please

If it's good and my R/R is bad, my next question to them will be do you ship to Australia...
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
              Report back for sure then please

If it's good and my R/R is bad, my next question to them will be do you ship to Australia...
              Or Canada for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                Or Canada for that matter.

They apparently ship to Aus. as evidenced by a satisifed customer.
                Why have none of you checked the facebook page?

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                  They apparently ship to Aus. as evidenced by a satisifed customer.
                  Why have none of you checked the facebook page?
                  What's this facebook?

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                    A visit to the Company's Facebook page would be beneficial.
                    Sorry, I'm not signing up on FaceBook just to check someone's profile.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Wuss.
                      Facebook is a social networking site. It is very popular and a decent way to interface if you are into that sort of stuff.

Comment

Awesome...

But I ain't signin' up to facebook... don't have time to do all the things I need and want to do now without that added distraction
                        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                          Wuss.
                          Facebook is a social networking site. It is very popular and a decent way to interface if you are into that sort of stuff.
                          In case you hadn't noticed, this is a "social networking site", too.

I am still looking for permanent employment in my neck of the woods so I don't have to travel all the time.

So far, I am still proud to tell any prospective employers:
                          "My face is not on FaceBook,
                          I have no space on MySpace,
                          Twittering is for the birds,
                          My classmates know they won't find me on classmates.com,
                          I have no idea what all the Buzz is about at Google.
                          I don't do ANY of those things."

I know people that have either lost a job, been reprimanded or not gotten a job in the first place, due to postings on "social networking" sites.
                          If a prospective employer wants to sign on here to see how I "handle myself", I will be happy to show him my posting history.

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Steve,I agree with you 100%.(Maybe it's an "old fart" thing!)
                            As a matter of fact,we recently had an employee here get fired for posting his opinions of a client on Facebook.While he was at work!
                            His logic was that only his friends could see his comments.
                            Yeah,NOBODY on a corporate network checks that stuff!(Except for maybe the corporate IT guys.)
                            Last edited by Guest; 04-07-2011, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Old Farts? I'm only 38 and have no desire to join the facebook militia....
                              Oh wait, 20 years ago any 38 yo was an old fart.

Comment

The first lemming just jumped.... I should have one of these in my hands sometime next week.

Will report back
                                1980 GS1000G - Sold
                                1978 GS1000E - Finished!

Comment

Working...
                                X