Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stoprunner View Post
    Hi Posplayr,
    Checking if there is any SSPB still available, Im slowly restoring my 78 GS1000c and getting to the electrical parts... reading ton of info in the forum about electrical upgrades, your SSPB seems to be a must. let me know if you have any left. Thanks
    None at the moment, but I will keep you on a mailing list. Please email me at solidstatepowerbox@gmail.com for info on next availability. I'm hoping the new design is available by spring.

Comment

Cool, I'm glad your still working on them. I will want one come spring.

Comment

Installed the Solid state power box, An awesome upgrade to any bike, worth every penny and posplayr made an excellent with service and support!
        Thanks for an excellent upgrade.

Had to replace mys stator, due to some typical GS issues, now running awesome.
        Recoush

Comment

Are these still avail?

I am thinking these clean up the wiring and get rid of some not needed? Along with simplifying if something is wrong.

Thanks
          Jeff

Comment

Sorry no ....,..,

Comment

Posplayr, since you're the electrical authority on the forum and no longer make your SSPB would you mind making a recommendation on an alternate solution for those of us that are just now looking to upgrade our systems? M-unit??

Comment

From what I have read the SSPB is a great idea and a great product but not a wide enough audience. Sad part is the product dies off due to lack of sales

Comment

Originally posted by T8erbug View Post
                  Posplayr, since you're the electrical authority on the forum and no longer make your SSPB would you mind making a recommendation on an alternate solution for those of us that are just now looking to upgrade our systems? M-unit??

Interested as well. Wish I got to this sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by T8erbug View Post
                    They are many factors that come into play and there are several alternatives although none is perfect as you probably realize. I assume the M-unit is popular as it makes building and entirely new harness easier especially if you want a lot of additional features. I designed the SSPB to be primarying a relay mod/fuse box replacement using a stock harness with minimal mods. The M-unit tires to add an electronics switch for every current carrying switch (like signal, horn,headlamp).

My first recommendation if your fuse box is not already melted is to do the following:
                    • change to a Series R/R
                    • Clean your existing connections with chemical cleaners and protectants. (flow solder into pigtail type with crimps)
                    • Switch to LED bulbs as they dramatically reduce the current you have to carry.

Steve has been a proponent of using a single main relay to avoid overpowering the ignition switch. Adding this to any suitable fuse box especially when using LED's is probably going to be sufficient for most people. It tends to work because once you split the main current at the fusebox, no circuit is more than 5 amps standards and closer to 2-3 amps using LED. With LED the ignition is the largest are about 2.5 amps. If everything is clean that is a pretty low current.

For example a standard headlamp will draw about 5 amps average where as a LED is closer to 1.3-1.5 or usually not more than 2 amps.
                    Similarly the signal lights are down to about 1/8 of what an incandescent bulb might be. The brakes and blinkers can also draw 5 amps combined.

There is also a PD60 which is a solid state switch box but it s for accessories and has a high static current draw.
                    Last edited by posplayr; 07-27-2016, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for your input!

Comment

Btw, all the pictures are gone from this thread, thanks to photobucket hitting the bucket. (badumm-tzzz*)
                        #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
                        #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
                        #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
                        #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

I still see them. Use Chrome & the photobucket fix add-on...
                          1980 GS1000G - Sold
                          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                          X