No announcement yet.

Yamaha r/r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good gravy, you're FINALLY getting that beast out of your garage???? Just think, you'll be able to get a '57 Cadillac in that space...

Anyhoo, yes, you can combine the double positive and negative leads into one wire of sufficient capacity.

Many Honda R/Rs did this, and I've installed them many times by combining the wires.

You can't just ignore the sense wire -- you have to hook it up to a switched positive or the regulator won't regulate (more precisely, it'll regulate at it's highest voltage, which is usually close to 16 volts). For testing, you can just hook it up to the battery positive, but as I understand it, this arrangement can slowly discharge the battery.
    Last edited by bwringer; 05-29-2014, 11:37 AM.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Thanks Brian, your right I can't wait to get that huge thing gone! Will provide me with so much garage space! Thanks for answer on r/r, will try it tomorrow on old working one I have before ordering him a new sh775. Just replaced the old glass fuse box with blade type. Every time I tried to remove a glass fuse, holders fell apart, so had no choice! Hoping that might help with the charging problem if I'm lucky. Volt numbers aren't to far off right now. terrylee

Comment

Got lucky, new fuse box fixed the problem. Should be out of my garage by Monday! terrylee

Comment

Originally posted by terrylee View Post
          Got lucky, new fuse box fixed the problem. Should be out of my garage by Monday! terrylee
          Woohoo!

Just think, you've got room for a bass boat now...
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
          X