Stator papers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Allie View Post
    When the Stator Pages was first published, was the shunt vs. series issue widely known? I get the idea that when Electrex started selling, going to another shunt R/R was the best option that was generally known about. I don't see how you can justify slamming them for selling it, unless it was actually inferior to the stock units which I doubt is true. If they knew at the time that it wasn't the best option then I could see it I guess, but did they? I'm also not seeing the dishonesty in relationship that you descry, I mean it was pretty plain that GSR endorsed the product, I thought. The info and product, as far as I can tell, was stator of the art at the time, and the only real issue you can legitimately take up is why it has taken so long to get it updated, or are you saying there is some kind of kick back continuing?
    When I first read the Stator Papers, far as I know the Series RR was a total unknown back then. Posplayr's papers are SOOOOOOOOOO much better, just trash the Stator papers and forget Electrex ever exsisted. It was garbage. Posplayr all the way.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
      When the Stator Pages was first published, was the shunt vs. series issue widely known? I get the idea that when Electrex started selling, going to another shunt R/R was the best option that was generally known about. I don't see how you can justify slamming them for selling it, unless it was actually inferior to the stock units which I doubt is true. If they knew at the time that it wasn't the best option then I could see it I guess, but did they? I'm also not seeing the dishonesty in relationship that you descry, I mean it was pretty plain that GSR endorsed the product, I thought. The info and product, as far as I can tell, was stator of the art at the time, and the only real issue you can legitimately take up is why it has taken so long to get it updated, or are you saying there is some kind of kick back continuing?
      Allie,
      If you are responding to me, I guess my only response is to re-read what I said. I certainly did not state that Electrix/electrosport should be "decryed" because they want to sell Shunt R/R's. You are taking great liberty in attributing such an insinuation to me.

The authors of the Stator Pages acted as "shills" on behalf of Electrosport. That is a plain fact assuming common usage of the English language.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        Allie,
        If you are responding to me, I guess my only response is to re-read what I said. I certainly did not state that Electrix/electrosport should be "decryed" because they want to sell Shunt R/R's. You are taking great liberty in attributing such an insinuation to me.

The authors of the Stator Pages acted as "shills" on behalf of Electrosport. That is a plain fact assuming common usage of the English language.
        I'm taking no liberties whatsoever, I'm trying to understand why you have an apparent axe to grind. The word I used, 'descry', means to detect or to see something. I used the word referencing the relationship between Electrex and GSR, not the product in question.

Okay so, and I'm sure I could have missed this which is why I'm asking, by your use of the word 'shill' the author of the papers either worked for or owned Electrex? Okay fair enough if so, though I'm not exactly sure what harm was done at the time though, other than getting some free advertising for a good for the time product.

You most certainly do slam them for selling their product though, that much is plain.

Regardless, to someone who doesn't know a lot of the back story (that's a lot of us) you come off pretty harsh, and I've seen it a few times. And I'm not the only one. I'm sure you have a lot of good points but you're not exactly doing your own business any good when you launch these little tirades. And they're not always confined to this subject. You're certainly not making your wares attractive to me at any rate. For what it's worth... You can respond however you want but I see no point in arguing the issue any further, it is what it is and you're gonna do what you're gonna do.
        "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Hey fella's, I'm a newbie, but I seem to have inflamed a touchy subject. I only want to know how to rewire my stator and modify my harness to give good performance. I am a layman and your way over my head here. My thought was simple directions on how to rewire in the 3rd phase of my stator and or improve the grounding of the rr as well as clean up my loom. Thanks

Comment

Crikey, I didn't intend to turn this thread in a southerly direction with my comment. It was a brief remark as I didn't see the same intent as Jim did. No more than that, ...... I'm not sure I do now.
            -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

You guys didn't start it, it's an old issue apparently. I didn't really want to get that far into it, but one thing led to another, as it often does. Good luck with your project Jimbo, I'm sure you'll find the info you need.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

I use an ElectroSport stator and think it is a very good product. When I first got into this I was looking for a stator and ran into some posts on someone who burned through about three ElectroSport stators in a row. It turned it was the new ElectroSport R/R that was burning them out. I think they replaced both products and he still had problems until he figured out the R/R's were junk. Faced with proven failures the company never bothered to change the product. This was about the time Jim was trying to introduce the Series R/R and there was a lot of flack from some people about that. Personally I think Jim has done everyone on GSR a great service and it's time to get his information printed up as the official GSR Stator Papers.
                '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
                  I use an ElectroSport stator and think it is a very good product. When I first got into this I was looking for a stator and ran into some posts on someone who burned through about three ElectroSport stators in a row. It turned it was the new ElectroSport R/R that was burning them out. I think they replaced both products and he still had problems until he figured out the R/R's were junk. Faced with proven failures the company never bothered to change the product. This was about the time Jim was trying to introduce the Series R/R and there was a lot of flack from some people about that. Personally I think Jim has done everyone on GSR a great service and it's time to get his information printed up as the official GSR Stator Papers.
                  Well that's not groovy, and I certainly won't argue with your last statement. Anyone that rides a GS is better off for the improvements he's made.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Do you make beer muffins ?
                    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo View Post
                      Hey fella's, I'm a newbie, but I seem to have inflamed a touchy subject. I only want to know how to rewire my stator and modify my harness to give good performance. I am a layman and your way over my head here. My thought was simple directions on how to rewire in the 3rd phase of my stator and or improve the grounding of the rr as well as clean up my loom. Thanks
                      Go here and read -

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

then this.....

in summary, you want to eliminate that stator loop going to headlight switch, wire all 3 stator outputs direct to a decent R/R - by decent, I mean a shunt Shindengen or even better , a series SH-775 unit.
                      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                      X