No announcement yet.

Where is the front brake light switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine was an aftermarket item around £9 the genuine Suzuki is obviously much more expensive although ime not sure it's that much better though.
    The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
    1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
    past bikes. RF900
    TL1000s
    Hayabusa
    gsx 750f x2
    197cc Francis Barnett
    various British nails

Comment

This picture clearly shows how the spring and copper piece fit into the little black plastic piece. I have sometimes had to bend the copper so that the points are a little further apart so it would stay put but still move freely in its slots.

Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by fastbysuzuki View Post
        Mine was an aftermarket item around £9 the genuine Suzuki is obviously much more expensive although ime not sure it's that much better though.
        Do you recall if your one had those little ears on the copper contact plate?
        I opened out the tiniest bit and it clicked back into the spring holder and is going nowhere anytime soon.
        97 R1100R
        Previous
        80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          This picture clearly shows how the spring and copper piece fit into the little black plastic piece. I have sometimes had to bend the copper so that the points are a little further apart so it would stay put but still move freely in its slots.

Great view of what it's supposed to look like. That was kinda tricky figuring out the IPB (Illustrated Parts Breakdown) listed below...after my clutch cable broke:

Here's the diagram for our "T":

Item#8 is not as descriptive...

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 08-24-2020, 08:35 PM.
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
            Do you recall if your one had those little ears on the copper contact plate?I opened out the tiniest bit and it clicked back into the spring holder and is going nowhere anytime soon.
            Hi, after three years of fitting it and age taking its toll🙁 I cannot remember if it had ears or not sorry.
            The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
            1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
            past bikes. RF900
            TL1000s
            Hayabusa
            gsx 750f x2
            197cc Francis Barnett
            various British nails

Comment

Working...
            X