No announcement yet.

Missing Bolt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, The bolt seems to only exist on ebay from the USA. Are there other places to hunt one out before I pay £20 shipping on a £2 bolt?

/edit/ I have found this place which seems to stock the parts I need. Getting excited!
    Last edited by Guest; 02-08-2016, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Welcome aboard. Glad to see another GS getting some love. There's this guy in the Netherlands that has a lot of NOS Suzuki parts. I've ordered some stuff from him in the past and is good to deal with. You'll need a Suzuki part number from another site that has the parts fiches online first though.

'84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Beware of the postage from the Netherlands - it can be expensive!
        1980 GS550ET

Comment

Looks like Robinsons Foundry can do that bolt for about £20 delivered, but it would take about 7 days, as they don't have it in stock. I searched on part no. 09100-10074. I have various long bolts here. If you want to measure yours and post the dimensions, I'll check what I have available.
          1980 GS550ET

Comment

Originally posted by steveb922 View Post
            Beware of the postage from the Netherlands - it can be expensive!
            Wow, I bought some fairing bits last year and shipping to Canada was very reasonable. Thought it should be reasonable to the UK. I forget how it shipped but I thought it was just general post.
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Lyra View Post
              Hmm, The bolt seems to only exist on ebay from the USA. Are there other places to hunt one out before I pay £20 shipping on a £2 bolt?

/edit/ I have found this place which seems to stock the parts I need. Getting excited!

Found this on ebay UK, should have everything you need.

The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

Everyone here is so helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrano View Post
                  Found this on ebay UK, should have everything you need.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-GS8...4AAOSwzgRWt2X5
                  No! Those are the bolts that hold the engine together, they are NOT the ones that hold it in the frame.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Ok
                    I have ordered the bolt from Robinson's Foundry (and another of the smaller 10x60 mounting bolts which was missing from the other side).
                    Thanks for the help everyone. I will post an update when I get the delivery of the parts and attempt installation.

Comment

Well, there is an advantage having broad experience and understanding of mechanical things.
                      An easy fix would be to buy a threaded rod that fits, a couple nuts and washers, cut the rod to length and bolt it in there.
                      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                        Well, there is an advantage having broad experience and understanding of mechanical things.
                        An easy fix would be to buy a threaded rod that fits, a couple nuts and washers, cut the rod to length and bolt it in there.
                        I was under the impression that engine mount bolts are made of a harder steel than the parmesan-grade all-thread they sell in hardware stores?
                        Charles
                        --
                        1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Probably are, but there's not much stress on it anyway unless you're racing or crashing or something. Hell, the engine didn't fall out even without a bolt at all. That said, I'd hold out for the correct bolt just because all thread is lame.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post
                            I was under the impression that engine mount bolts are made of a harder steel than the parmesan-grade all-thread they sell in hardware stores?
                            Just like "parmesan" grade and "hi" grade duct tape, the experts know how to use the correct tool (and proper technical terms i.e. duck tape)

Comment

Hello and a late welcome to the forum.

Be sure to join the UK GS Owners Facebook page (see my signature below).

There are over 400 GSers in the UK now linked into this site.

Greetings
                              Richard
                              sigpic
                              GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                              GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                              GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                              GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                              Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                              Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                                Just like "parmesan" grade and "hi" grade duct tape, the experts know how to use the correct tool (and proper technical terms i.e. duck tape)
                                Mmm we call it 200mph tape. That dont work can always use T.B.W. trail bike wire from some farmers fence

Comment

Working...
                                X